On Friday, August 6, at 10 a.m., Warnimont Park will have the grand opening ceremony of the new Warnimont Park dog exercise area. Honored guests include Cudahy Police Chief Thomas Poellot and Parks Director Sue Black with her dog Ranger.
Bring your own dog! Each dog must be licensed and have proof of current rabies vaccination. Free dog treats are available and you will also have the chance to enter to win great prizes. Dog licenses and dog park permits can be obtained at the grand opening too.
Visitors may park in the southern parking lot of Kelly Senior Center (6100 S. Lake Dr., Cudahy) to access this area on the southern edge of Warnimont Park, just north of College Avenue. Annual permits are $25 for Milwaukee County residents although seniors and people with disabilities pay $15. Additional dogs are $5. A daily permit is $5. Gear up for this new dog area by filling out a permit application, available here (www.county.milwaukee.gov/Dogs9203/DogExerciseAreas.htm)!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- UW-Parkside and Choral Arts Society Present "The Sorcerer"
- SM Author's "Animal Teachers" Wins Wisconsin Award
- South Shore enews update
- Oak Creek Library Kid Flicks Thursday April 9 at 1:30 p.m.
- April 19: Meet Sundance Award-Winner & South Milwaukee Native Chad Gracia, Ukrainian Fedor Alexandrovich
- Cudahy High School's Ian Fox a Kohl Excellence Scholar
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 3rd Annual South Milwaukee Breakfast with the Easter Bunny & Easter Egg Hunt
- Cudahy Pick N Save Hosting Easter Egg Hunt/Pancake Breakfast
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE