City of Cudahy assesses storm damage, offers advice for homeowners and renters with damaged property
As the rain continues the City of Cudahy continues to monitor the well-being of its citizens and the condition of roads and sewers.
Department of Public Works crews responded immediately to clear catch basins and police and fire teams moved quickly to block off flooded streets. Those efforts are ongoing.
Cudahy Mayor Tony Day asks that motorists observe the barricades and not try to drive past them or move them aside. In addition, drivers are reminded not to try to maneuver through standing water.
Free curbside pick-up of flood-damaged items began today and will continue Monday as needed. Residents should make items are placed along the curb or they may not be picked up.
The City of Cudahy Health Department has a supply of flood kits for people who need them. The Red Cross located at 26th and Wisconsin in Milwaukee also has kits available.
Residents who need to report flood damage are asked to pick up the necessary forms at Cudahy City Hall (5050 S. Lake Dr.), the Cudahy Family Library (3500 Library Dr.) or download them from the City website, www.cudahy-wi.gov. Information also can be found through Milwaukee County by dialing 2-1-1.
Information about the safe clean-up of flooded basements also can be found at Cudahy City Hall, the Cudahy Family Library and on the City website.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pop-Up Gallery Event: "In Memory of Chester. H. Sheard"
- UW-Parkside's October Science Night!
- St. Thomas More High School Prepares for Recycling Drive
- Holiday Folk Fair to Help Celebrate Italian Heritage Month
- Rudyard Kipling comes to Milwaukee in advance of his 150th birthday!
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Babe's Ice Cream Turns 10 Years Old
- MIAW Pro Wrestling Returns to Papa Luigi's
- Grand Time Out 2015