Cudahy will soon be conducting its annual Spring Clean-Up. Check your basement, attic, garage or yard for any items you care to discard. Hazardous or toxic waste, paint, waste drain oil, fuel, lubricants or other liquids in containers or fuel tanks cannot be taken. This free pick-up is limited to fifteen (15) minutes of loading time. Please place your items at the alley or curb by 6:00 AM on the day scheduled for your district pick-up.
Yard waste may be put out for the free Spring Clean-Up. PLEASE DO NOT RAKE YARD WASTE INTO THE STREET. Yard waste and debris must be placed in cardboard boxes or large paper “yard waste bags” (hardware and home supply stores carry these types of bags) and placed at the curb. We cannot accept yard waste in plastic bags as this material is composted. Branches left full length will also be collected. Branches must be placed at the curb parallel with the road. Keep yard waste, branches and trash separate as they are collected with different trucks. Items are collected by type of material (junk, brush, metals, etc.) with each truck handling just one type. As a result, items may be collected at different times or different days of the week.
Orders for special collections cannot be taken during the Spring Clean-Up. Please call 769-2216 if you have any questions or need further information. Please take advantage of the FREE Spring Clean-Up as it is the only free pick-up of the year.
Spring Clean-Up will be done by Aldermanic district on the following dates:
District IV - Thursday, April 22nd
District V - Thursday, April 29th
District I - Thursday, May 6th
District II - Thursday, May 13th
District III - Thursday, May 20th
Effective June 1, 2010 the City will no longer collect or receive items that contain or have contained refrigerants. These include items such as refrigerators, dehumidifiers and air conditioners. If you have any of these items and you want to get rid of them at the City’s transfer station or during the Spring Clean-Up, please do so before June 1st. After June 1st check the City’s website for a list of companies that will accept these items, or call the Department of Public Works at 769-2216 to obtain that list. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- UW-Parkside and Choral Arts Society Present "The Sorcerer"
- SM Author's "Animal Teachers" Wins Wisconsin Award
- South Shore enews update
- Oak Creek Library Kid Flicks Thursday April 9 at 1:30 p.m.
- April 19: Meet Sundance Award-Winner & South Milwaukee Native Chad Gracia, Ukrainian Fedor Alexandrovich
- Cudahy High School's Ian Fox a Kohl Excellence Scholar
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 3rd Annual South Milwaukee Breakfast with the Easter Bunny & Easter Egg Hunt
- Cudahy Pick N Save Hosting Easter Egg Hunt/Pancake Breakfast
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE