The Cudahy High School auditorium is buzzing with activity these days, as the CHS theater program prepares for their upcoming production of “You Can’t Take It with You.”
The show is scheduled for February 18, 19 and 20 at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $5 and will be available at the door. Flowers also will be available for purchase to be given to the actor or actors of your choice. Proceeds from the flower sales will go to support the CHS theater program.
“You Can’t Take It with You” is a comedic play that tells the story of the eccentric Sycamore family, led by a kindly patriarch (Josh Remsza) who raises snakes in the living room. His daughter Penelope (Angie Kacner) and her husband Paul (Tyler Steeno) make fireworks in the basement with Mr DePinna (CJ Guerrero). Their daughter Essie (Becky Fansler) and her husband Ed (Jon Kutka) make and sell candy with subversive messages. A Russian (David Wortz) gives Essie ballet lessons. They are visited by government agents (Tony Remsza and Zach Butzlaff). The only Sycamore who leads a normal life is Alice (Lauren Marvell), who falls in love with the boss’ son (Trevor Frahman). He and his parents (Kyle Buchner and Jackie Pugh) come for supper, during which the maid (Teddy Wolters) and her boyfriend (Jake Fricke) serve the guests pickled pig’s feet. This situation is further complicated by a Russian princess (Kaytlyn Schwartz) and an actress (Alex Romfoe).
The set was built by Cassie Keith, Megan Fansler, Joey Buichl and the cast. The production crew is Lynn Filak, Marilee Unrath. John Witt, Jr. and Andrea Damitz-Liegler, with additional help from Dustin Carney.
“You Can’t Take It with You” was written by George S. Kaufman and Moss Hart. It won the 1937 Pulitzer Prize.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Folk Fair Producer to Help Fight Ebola
- CIGARMKE - KNOW YOUR LEAF - PART 1
- CIGARMKE LET'S GET LIT - FALL 2014 ON NOV. 8TH
- Cudahy Tourism Commission Volunteer Opening
- Postal service offers holiday mailing tips
- BBB Free Fall Shred Event helped Record Number of Wisconsinites Fight Identity Theft
- Great Lakes Lighthouses Speaker at Next Cudahy Historical Society Meeting
- Best Presents Aren't Things presented by Kathi Miller
- St. Ann Center Indoor Market starts Saturday!
- South Milwaukee Lions Step up to Help Community Organizations