The Cudahy High School auditorium is buzzing with activity these days, as the CHS theater program prepares for their upcoming production of “You Can’t Take It with You.”
The show is scheduled for February 18, 19 and 20 at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $5 and will be available at the door. Flowers also will be available for purchase to be given to the actor or actors of your choice. Proceeds from the flower sales will go to support the CHS theater program.
“You Can’t Take It with You” is a comedic play that tells the story of the eccentric Sycamore family, led by a kindly patriarch (Josh Remsza) who raises snakes in the living room. His daughter Penelope (Angie Kacner) and her husband Paul (Tyler Steeno) make fireworks in the basement with Mr DePinna (CJ Guerrero). Their daughter Essie (Becky Fansler) and her husband Ed (Jon Kutka) make and sell candy with subversive messages. A Russian (David Wortz) gives Essie ballet lessons. They are visited by government agents (Tony Remsza and Zach Butzlaff). The only Sycamore who leads a normal life is Alice (Lauren Marvell), who falls in love with the boss’ son (Trevor Frahman). He and his parents (Kyle Buchner and Jackie Pugh) come for supper, during which the maid (Teddy Wolters) and her boyfriend (Jake Fricke) serve the guests pickled pig’s feet. This situation is further complicated by a Russian princess (Kaytlyn Schwartz) and an actress (Alex Romfoe).
The set was built by Cassie Keith, Megan Fansler, Joey Buichl and the cast. The production crew is Lynn Filak, Marilee Unrath. John Witt, Jr. and Andrea Damitz-Liegler, with additional help from Dustin Carney.
“You Can’t Take It with You” was written by George S. Kaufman and Moss Hart. It won the 1937 Pulitzer Prize.
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- Illinois-Based Alexander-King Farms Complaints Rack Up from Wisconsin Consumers over Undelivered Meat
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- Update on former South Shore YMCA facility