Dr. Seth Foldy, State Health Officer, Wednesday announced that the Cudahy Health Department has successfully passed the state’s health department review. As a result, the Cudahy Health Department will maintain its Level III status.
“The hard-working staff of the Cudahy Health Department help make their community a healthier and safer place to live,” said Foldy. “Their department has an actively engaged and supportive Board of Health, and does an excellent job of monitoring and assessing the needs of their community and working with partners to assure a healthy community.”
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services is required to formally review the operations of all 92 Wisconsin local health departments at the county or municipality level at least every five years. The review establishes the health department as a level I, II or III agency. A level I agency meets the minimum requirements and a level III agency meets the maximum requirements established for a local health department.
The Cudahy Health Department provides services important to the community in areas such as:
Communicable Disease Prevention and Control
Tobacco Prevention and Control
Access to Primary and Preventive Health Services
Health Promotion to Reduce Obesity and Improve Nutrition
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bike Auction & Rummage Saturday
- Children’s Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation
- Grant Park Warbler Walks welcomes newbies
- Visit the Revolutionary War Ecampment at the Cudahy Family Library
- New Sponsor for Cudahy Family Movie Night
- South Milwaukee Market Opens Summer Season May 23
- Cudahy Historical Society Rummage & Bike Auction Saturday!
- Cudahy Post Office Offers Tips On Dog Bite Prevention
- 60 Bikes to be Auctioned this Saturday
- Sixty Bikes to be Auctioned this Saturday!