Last week I wrote about two candidates who have used the Cudahy Public Library to circulate nomination papers and conduct fundraising activities in the election for Mayor of Cudahy.
Since my last post I have contacted the City Clerk and inquired about this incident. It would appear the situation keeps getting worse. City Clerk Robert Goss is the person to whom all election complaints are directed. Unfortunately Clerk Goss is currently running as a candidate for re-election himself. Despite this apparent conflict of interest no one could direct me as to whom I should contact in order to take action about the abuse of city property in the mayoral race.
Frustrated I have contacted the ethics board at the State of Wisconsin an inquired about filing a formal complaint against these two candidates.
Ethics board officials have directed me to the Milwaukee County Attorney General regarding the matter.
It appears that using the library to conduct fundraisers and collect nomination signatures is indeed a violation of campaign laws. I ask the librarian to recuse herself from the campaign and further restrict candidates from utilizing library property to advance political agendas.
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Opener on June 2nd
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- "Click It or Ticket"
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- "Click it or Ticket It" Campaign
- Pabst program at the Cudahy Family Library Cancelled
- Huge Bicycle Auction
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club