Last week I wrote about two candidates who have used the Cudahy Public Library to circulate nomination papers and conduct fundraising activities in the election for Mayor of Cudahy.
Since my last post I have contacted the City Clerk and inquired about this incident. It would appear the situation keeps getting worse. City Clerk Robert Goss is the person to whom all election complaints are directed. Unfortunately Clerk Goss is currently running as a candidate for re-election himself. Despite this apparent conflict of interest no one could direct me as to whom I should contact in order to take action about the abuse of city property in the mayoral race.
Frustrated I have contacted the ethics board at the State of Wisconsin an inquired about filing a formal complaint against these two candidates.
Ethics board officials have directed me to the Milwaukee County Attorney General regarding the matter.
It appears that using the library to conduct fundraisers and collect nomination signatures is indeed a violation of campaign laws. I ask the librarian to recuse herself from the campaign and further restrict candidates from utilizing library property to advance political agendas.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Folk Fair Producer to Help Fight Ebola
- CIGARMKE - KNOW YOUR LEAF - PART 1
- CIGARMKE LET'S GET LIT - FALL 2014 ON NOV. 8TH
- Cudahy Tourism Commission Volunteer Opening
- Postal service offers holiday mailing tips
- BBB Free Fall Shred Event helped Record Number of Wisconsinites Fight Identity Theft
- Great Lakes Lighthouses Speaker at Next Cudahy Historical Society Meeting
- Best Presents Aren't Things presented by Kathi Miller
- St. Ann Center Indoor Market starts Saturday!
- South Milwaukee Lions Step up to Help Community Organizations