Last week I wrote about two candidates who have used the Cudahy Public Library to circulate nomination papers and conduct fundraising activities in the election for Mayor of Cudahy.
Since my last post I have contacted the City Clerk and inquired about this incident. It would appear the situation keeps getting worse. City Clerk Robert Goss is the person to whom all election complaints are directed. Unfortunately Clerk Goss is currently running as a candidate for re-election himself. Despite this apparent conflict of interest no one could direct me as to whom I should contact in order to take action about the abuse of city property in the mayoral race.
Frustrated I have contacted the ethics board at the State of Wisconsin an inquired about filing a formal complaint against these two candidates.
Ethics board officials have directed me to the Milwaukee County Attorney General regarding the matter.
It appears that using the library to conduct fundraisers and collect nomination signatures is indeed a violation of campaign laws. I ask the librarian to recuse herself from the campaign and further restrict candidates from utilizing library property to advance political agendas.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Milwaukee IndyFest Returns to The Milwaukee Mile July 11-12
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive