Homeowners eager to pay their property taxes should be able to do so within the next few days. Property tax bills are hitting the mail, after the Cudahy Clerk Treasurer’s Office determined the tax rate for 2009.
The rate per thousand dollars of evaluation has decreased from 2008 by three cents. The 2009 tax rate is $24.13 per $1,000. On the average home of $160,000, this should reflect a decrease in your net taxes of approximately $25.
“The City of Cudahy worked really hard to hold the line on property taxes while still maintaining the quality services that residents expect,” said Mayor Ryan McCue. “We’re so pleased that homeowners will be able to keep a little more money in their pockets this holiday season.”
City Clerks offer these helpful tips for residents planning to come to City Hall to pay their property tax bills:
• Have your check filled out before you come to City Hall
• Put your tax key number or parcel number on your check
• Bring your tax bill or a copy of your bill with you
• Pay your water bill and/or pet license fee with a separate check
In an ongoing effort to conserve money, City Hall will NOT be open for tax collection on New Year’s Eve day. Homeowners are asked to place payments in the night depository box at City Hall. Payments in the box will be considered paid on December 31st.
Several financial institutions in Cudahy also will accept property tax payments. For a complete list, as well as instructions on how to make installment payments, visit the City of Cudahy’s website, www.cudahy-wi-gov, and click on “Property Tax Info.”
If you need further assistance, call the City of Cudahy Treasurer’s office at 769-2204 or 769-2203.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Milwaukee IndyFest Returns to The Milwaukee Mile July 11-12
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive