Start a new Christmas tradition this year. Join the congregation of Changing Lives in Cudahy and celebrate the birth of Jesus in a candlelight service.
As we look at the Christmas story from God’s Word, we see varied invitations to the manger. Mary was invited by Gabriel, sent directly from God to Nazareth to ask Mary to be involved in God’s plan of redemption. Joseph came to the manger because the Emperor, Caesar Augustus decreed a census and a tax.
The shepherds on the country hillside were invited by the angels to find the Christ Child in the manger. In the middle of another night tending sheep, their normal life was interrupted by the ‘Good news of great joy.’
In the Wise Men’s case, God used a star to call them to the manger. They would not have followed a scriptural revelation or foreign Emperor, but God wanted the Eastern Magi at the Nativity, so He invited them to the manger in a way they would understand…the stars.
Consider this your invitation to the manger this year. Come and worship. Come and celebrate. Come and remember the birth of Jesus that was the beginning of the road to the cross.
This Christmas Eve Candlelight Communion will be presented in a one hour service with Scripture and carols on Christmas Eve beginning at 5:30 PM. There is no childcare for this family service that will be enjoyed by all ages.
Changing Lives is located at 4970 S. Swift Ave. in Cudahy. For more information, call 414-483-1313 or visit www.claog.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bike Donations Needed
- New South Shore Masters Swimming Program
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Mayor St. Marie-Carls was voted down on her request for the City of St. Francis City Council to take action on tax disparity and Citizens concerns who have received up to 64% increase in their property taxes.
- Packard Plaza in Cudahy sold
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- The Gateway to Milwaukee Has Been Supporting Economic Progress in the Airport Area for Past 10 Years
- Registration is Open for Walk MS: Milwaukee