Start a new Christmas tradition this year. Join the congregation of Changing Lives in Cudahy and celebrate the birth of Jesus in a candlelight service.
As we look at the Christmas story from God’s Word, we see varied invitations to the manger. Mary was invited by Gabriel, sent directly from God to Nazareth to ask Mary to be involved in God’s plan of redemption. Joseph came to the manger because the Emperor, Caesar Augustus decreed a census and a tax.
The shepherds on the country hillside were invited by the angels to find the Christ Child in the manger. In the middle of another night tending sheep, their normal life was interrupted by the ‘Good news of great joy.’
In the Wise Men’s case, God used a star to call them to the manger. They would not have followed a scriptural revelation or foreign Emperor, but God wanted the Eastern Magi at the Nativity, so He invited them to the manger in a way they would understand…the stars.
Consider this your invitation to the manger this year. Come and worship. Come and celebrate. Come and remember the birth of Jesus that was the beginning of the road to the cross.
This Christmas Eve Candlelight Communion will be presented in a one hour service with Scripture and carols on Christmas Eve beginning at 5:30 PM. There is no childcare for this family service that will be enjoyed by all ages.
Changing Lives is located at 4970 S. Swift Ave. in Cudahy. For more information, call 414-483-1313 or visit www.claog.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- Kids Community Clothing Exchange
- Join the Cudahy Cogs Team for UPAF Remembering Carl Koch
- Cudahy Post Office Asks Residents to Help Stamp Out Hunger
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- Two Complimentary Seminars: Facility and Extended Care, Medicare Basics at the Cudahy Family Library
- Taijiquan Exercise Classes at the Cudahy Family Libray
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- Oak Creek Library Baby Story Time
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Marvelous Monarch Butterflies