“Hanging of the Greens”
At St. Mark’s Lutheran Church in Cudahy
The old tradition of decorating the church with live greens by children and adults is still alive at St. Mark’s in Cudahy. Community members are invited to be part of the tradition at 4 P.M. on Sunday, December 6, at 3515 E. Van Norman Avenue. You will be part of and witness to the decorating of the Christmas tree with Chrismons and lights. Fresh evergreen garlands will be brought in and draped above the side stained glass windows of the church. All this will be done to help celebrate in music and song the birth of Jesus, the true meaning of Christmas. Children will bring in Christmas plants and poinsettias to enhance and beautify the sanctuary.
As in the past, three musical groups will witness to the coming of Christmas through the Cathedral choir, Hand bell choir, and Children’s choir. Instruments such as pipe organ, piano, guitar and bells will offer sacred music for the Christmas season.
Various explanations of the church decorations will punctuate the musical selections. The program will end with prayer and anticipation of the coming of the Christ child. Members and guests are invited to the church hall after the one hour program for some good old St. Mark’s fellowship.
The church is located on the corner of Van Norman and Kingan Avenues on the north side of Cudahy. You will be sure to enjoy our 21st program of “The Hanging of the Greens”.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 2015 GET FIT Workshop - Kelly Senior Center
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Special Exhibits And Displays Showcased at Holiday Folk Fair International
- GERALD PETERSON IS AT IT AGAIN!!!!!
- Post Office Offers Holiday Mailing Tips
- Mail Early, Mail Often
- County Executive Abele to Attend South Milwaukee Meet the Mayor Event
- Slovak Artistic Heritage on Display at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Dream Journals for 'Tweens & Teens at the Oak Creek Library
- MIAW Prowrestling