Ground Breaking for Community Based Residential Facility July 16, 2014 held in Cudahy
The City of Cudahy was pleased to be a part of the public / private partnership that held a ceremonial ground breaking for The Haven at Sweet Apple Wood, a Community Based Residential Facility (CBRF) at 3460 East Barnard Avenue on Wednesday July 16, 2014. The Mayor and the Administrative Team, along with Economic Development Director Brian Biernat, the Common Council, Community Development Authority, Plan Commission, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and the developer began working on this project in September of 2013. With the start of construction beginning next week, this will bring a 28,560 square foot 48 bed CBRF with an estimated value of $3.8 million dollars to the city.
“On behalf of the City of Cudahy, we would like to welcome our newest neighbor here in the City of Cudahy,” stated Mayor John Hohenfeldt at the ceremony this morning. “I would also like to thank everyone involved in this process to bring this project to Cudahy.”
Developer Daniel Carmody, began work on the Squire Avenue Village Apartments on the east side of the railroad tracks on Squire Avenue, breaking ground in June. That project which broke ground in June will bring an estimated $1,850,000 in additional value to the community as well. The City of Cudahy is pleased to have both of the projects now moving forward.
Mayor John Hohenfeldt
City of Cudahy
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cool It at St. Ann Center Jewelry Sale and Ice Cream Social
- City of Cudahy 2016 Budget Time Table
- Wisconsin Wolfpack U15/U16 Baseball team holds Tryouts
- Two Fun Dog Events Coming Soon
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- The American Dream - Homebuyer Education presented by Educator's Credit Union
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus
- Racine Starving Artists Outdoor Fair August 2nd