Please join us for this special evening of enlightenment on Thursday, July 17 at 6:30pm in St. John Lutheran's Fellowship Hall, 4850 S Lake Drive, Cudahy WI.
Our presenter, Marcia Williams, RN, MSM, MS is a Licensed Professional Counselor who has worked in the field of loss and trauma for 35 years and is listed as one of 5 therapists who specialize in traumatic and complicated grief in WI.
Marcia will answer these questions and more:
- What’s unique about the grief experience following the suicide of someone we know?
- How do we support friends and neighbors who have lost a loved one to suicide?
- How can parents discuss the subject of suicide with children, especially after someone well known to them has taken their life?
- How does one deal with the guilt when a friend or family member has taken his/her life?
- What are some coping strategies for dealing with all the emotions in the aftermath of suicide by someone we know and love?
- What are appropriate responses when found in the midst of conversations/gossip following death by suicide of a friend or acquaintance?
This free community education event is sponsored by St. John Lutheran Church and the Aurora Health Care Parish Nurse Program. No registration required. Bring a friend.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB Free Fall Shred Event helped Record Number of Wisconsinites Fight Identity Theft
- Great Lakes Lighthouses Speaker at Next Cudahy Historical Society Meeting
- Best Presents Aren't Things presented by Kathi Miller
- St. Ann Center Indoor Market starts Saturday!
- South Milwaukee Lions Step up to Help Community Organizations
- Patrick Cudahy Expansion approved by Governing Bodies
- Vendor Fair at Cudahy Family Library
- Ribbon Cutting at Aurora St. Lukes South Shore
- Kelly Senior Center Day Trip to Gurnee Mills Mall
- In Tandem Theatre Comes A "Cudahy” Caroling One Last Time