Please join us for this special evening of enlightenment on Thursday, July 17 at 6:30pm in St. John Lutheran's Fellowship Hall, 4850 S Lake Drive, Cudahy WI.
Our presenter, Marcia Williams, RN, MSM, MS is a Licensed Professional Counselor who has worked in the field of loss and trauma for 35 years and is listed as one of 5 therapists who specialize in traumatic and complicated grief in WI.
Marcia will answer these questions and more:
- What’s unique about the grief experience following the suicide of someone we know?
- How do we support friends and neighbors who have lost a loved one to suicide?
- How can parents discuss the subject of suicide with children, especially after someone well known to them has taken their life?
- How does one deal with the guilt when a friend or family member has taken his/her life?
- What are some coping strategies for dealing with all the emotions in the aftermath of suicide by someone we know and love?
- What are appropriate responses when found in the midst of conversations/gossip following death by suicide of a friend or acquaintance?
This free community education event is sponsored by St. John Lutheran Church and the Aurora Health Care Parish Nurse Program. No registration required. Bring a friend.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 3rd Annual South Milwaukee Breakfast with the Easter Bunny & Easter Egg Hunt
- Cudahy Pick N Save Hosting Easter Egg Hunt/Pancake Breakfast
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Postal Service Ready For Tax Day
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Fun With Food
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Open House
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Bunny Party at the St. Francis Library