It’s that time of year again; the historic, fast, and picturesque Cudahy Classic is back! The 54th installment of this storied race will commence on Sunday, July 27th at 8 A.M. For those new to the race, the Cudahy features a base 5 mile loop course contained on Milwaukee’s famous Oak Leaf Trail through Cudahy’s 100 year old Sheridan Park as well as Warnimont Park. The 10 mile course is two laps of the 5 mile course and includes four, yes FOUR, water stops! To top off the race events, there is also a 1-mile kid’s fun run as well. This year’s race will also include a post-race Strider picnic which will feature food, refreshments, beer and beautiful Sheridan Park! As with recent years of the race, we will also be featuring a Cudahy/Strider giveaway which is guaranteed to pre-registered runners!
For those seasoned Cudahy veterans, one change of note will be the start and finish line areas. This year, our traditional start/finish/packet pick-up area pavilion will be undergoing construction to renovate the bathrooms and improve the grounds in general. Something to look forward to for next year’s race!
The race costs remain the same as last year. Non-Strider members pay $20 for the 5 mile event and $25 for the 10 mile race. Strider &Tri-Wisconsin members pay a flat $18 fee for either the 5 or 10 mile race. Our kid’s fun run is $1. Online registration is being offered through the club’s website badgerlandstriders.org and is strongly encouraged. The 5 mile race day registration is $25 while the 10 mile same day registration is $30. Not able to run? No problem! The Cudahy Classic is a great race to volunteer at. Whether it’s assisting with registration in the morning, passing out water and cheering on runners during the race or helping tear down post-race, any and all volunteer help is most appreciated. Contact race director Drew at email@example.com for details!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Folk Fair Producer to Help Fight Ebola
- CIGARMKE - KNOW YOUR LEAF - PART 1
- CIGARMKE LET'S GET LIT - FALL 2014 ON NOV. 8TH
- Cudahy Tourism Commission Volunteer Opening
- Postal service offers holiday mailing tips
- BBB Free Fall Shred Event helped Record Number of Wisconsinites Fight Identity Theft
- Great Lakes Lighthouses Speaker at Next Cudahy Historical Society Meeting
- Best Presents Aren't Things presented by Kathi Miller
- St. Ann Center Indoor Market starts Saturday!
- South Milwaukee Lions Step up to Help Community Organizations