It’s that time of year again; the historic, fast, and picturesque Cudahy Classic is back! The 54th installment of this storied race will commence on Sunday, July 27th at 8 A.M. For those new to the race, the Cudahy features a base 5 mile loop course contained on Milwaukee’s famous Oak Leaf Trail through Cudahy’s 100 year old Sheridan Park as well as Warnimont Park. The 10 mile course is two laps of the 5 mile course and includes four, yes FOUR, water stops! To top off the race events, there is also a 1-mile kid’s fun run as well. This year’s race will also include a post-race Strider picnic which will feature food, refreshments, beer and beautiful Sheridan Park! As with recent years of the race, we will also be featuring a Cudahy/Strider giveaway which is guaranteed to pre-registered runners!
For those seasoned Cudahy veterans, one change of note will be the start and finish line areas. This year, our traditional start/finish/packet pick-up area pavilion will be undergoing construction to renovate the bathrooms and improve the grounds in general. Something to look forward to for next year’s race!
The race costs remain the same as last year. Non-Strider members pay $20 for the 5 mile event and $25 for the 10 mile race. Strider &Tri-Wisconsin members pay a flat $18 fee for either the 5 or 10 mile race. Our kid’s fun run is $1. Online registration is being offered through the club’s website badgerlandstriders.org and is strongly encouraged. The 5 mile race day registration is $25 while the 10 mile same day registration is $30. Not able to run? No problem! The Cudahy Classic is a great race to volunteer at. Whether it’s assisting with registration in the morning, passing out water and cheering on runners during the race or helping tear down post-race, any and all volunteer help is most appreciated. Contact race director Drew at firstname.lastname@example.org for details!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House Saturday
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Angelic Bakehouse Needs Your Vote!