Sherdian Park Centennial Celebration is Theme of Cudahy 4th of July Parade on Friday
Rededication of Patrick Cudahy Statue to Follow
Sheridan Park Friends and Michael Cudahy will rededicate the Patrick Cudahy Statue, which was first erected 65 years ago, immediately following the July 4 Cudahy Parade that steps off at noon.
Patrick Cudahy, founder of the City that bears his name, had the foresight to preserve lakefront land for park use 100 years ago. Supervisor Patricia Jursik, along with Sheridan Park Friends, planned and engaged in a year-long celebration of this beautiful park. The 4th of July is one of the days selected during the year of Centennial event planning.
Grandson of Patrick Cudahy, Mike Cudahy who, like Patrick, has also been a philanthropist who has notably restored and preserved the Pabst Theater and created Discovery World, will lead the rededication ceremony.
“It is fitting that Cudahy family members will join city residents in honoring Patrick Cudahy, said Supervisor Jursik. “Patrick Cudahy rose from humble beginnings to create a meat packing company, organize the town and workers that would support his company and yet also recognize that the good people of Cudahy would also benefit from park land and preserving the lake front.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Mayor St. Marie-Carls was voted down on her request for the City of St. Francis City Council to take action on tax disparity and Citizens concerns who have received up to 64% increase in their property taxes.
- Packard Plaza in Cudahy sold
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- The Gateway to Milwaukee Has Been Supporting Economic Progress in the Airport Area for Past 10 Years
- Registration is Open for Walk MS: Milwaukee
- CHS Class Ring received 72 years After Graduation!
- "HeART & Sole" Sister's EXPO