Packard Avenue Community Clinic Closing
The Packard Avenue Community Clinic, located at 5854 S. Packard Avenue in Cudahy, will be closing on June 25, 2014.
The decision to close the clinic was made following a significant decrease in the volume of uninsured patients following the implementation of the Affordable Care Act in January, 2014.
The Packard Avenue Community Clinic has provided basic medical services to the uninsured in our area for the past sixteen years. These services have been provided by a dedicated group of volunteers from Lakeshore Medical Clinic, Aurora Health Care and community members. In addition, Aurora Health Care also provided additional resources and support.
Uninsured individuals in need of medical care can use the following resources:
-Aurora Walkers Point Community Health Services, located at 130 W. Bruce Street in Milwaukee on the 15 bus line, has slots available for additional uninsured patients. They are open Monday through Friday from 9:00AM to 5:00PM.
-IMPACT 211, uninsured individuals can obtain locations for other clinics for the uninsured in Milwaukee County by dialing 211 on their phone.
The Packard Avenue Community Clinic’s Board of Directors extends our sincere thanks to all of our past and present volunteers for their dedication and service to our clinic.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Outdoor Band Concert Tuesday!
- Cudahy Police To Participate in Alcohol Crackdown
- Cudahy’s Net New Construction is .20%
- Jessica Michna Portrays Helen Keller at the Cudahy Family Library.
- Largest Youth Football Scrimmage in the State?
- 50TH SAINT FRANCIS DAYS
- Cudahy Lions Brat Fry
- Health Fair Returns to South Milw Downtown Market - Sept 4th
- New tool to fight scammers, recover money
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host 13th Annual Big League Blood Drive