For Immediate Release:
The Cudahy Police Department as of June 11, 2014, has billed additional Chronic Nuisance properties in the amount of $16,002.89 in violations under the Chronic Nuisance Ordinance. The billings performed provide reimbursement for Municipal Police Services from a property owner identified with Chronic Nuisance Activities. Under our city’s Chronic Nuisance Ordinance, the Common Council no longer has to hold a review reimbursement hearing and these property owners are billed for these activities for their properties with identified incidents.
In the most recent billing, four property owners with a total of eight properties, were billed $16,002.89 for services rendered by the Cudahy Police Department. In August of 2013, the Common Council approved the reimbursement from multiple property owners totaling $13,380.53, and in January of 2014 $7,053.58. Since April of 2013, this brings the total amount to date of $36,437.
“Your elected officials continue to stand committed to enforcement and action regarding these properties, taking the undue burden away from the taxpayers of the City of Cudahy,” stated Mayor John Hohenfeldt. “I want to assure our citizens that the Mayor, Common Council, Cudahy Police Department and all Municipal Departments stand committed to enforcement and action regarding chronic nuisance properties located here in our city.”
John R. Hohenfeldt
Questions regarding this press release should be directed to the Office of the Mayor, John Hohenfeldt at 414-769-2222.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cudahy Girls and Boys Basketball Clubs
- Wixon Adds Protein Project Manager Nathan Radue
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Book Signing & Authentic Viennese Recipes at Library!
- Cudahy Post Office Set To Deliver Packages on Sunday
- Cudahy Chronic Nuisance Billing Oct 2014
- Cudahy Man Promoted to Brigadier General - USAF
- North Shore Bank Hosts Community Wellness Day in Cudahy
- Holiday Folk Fair to Help Celebrate Italian Heritage Month
- "Identity Theft" presented by Educators Credit Union