Plymouth, Minn. (June 3, 2014) -- TruStone Financial Federal Credit Union is proud to announce the addition of new Little Free Libraries at two of its branches in eastern Wisconsin. The branches are located at 6715 Green Bay Road in Kenosha and at 5570 South Packard Avenue in Cudahy, Wisconsin.
This “take a book, return a book” gathering place is located near the front doors of the credit union offices. “We love being a part of the communities we serve and we’re proud to offer this book sharing opportunity to our neighbors.” said Vice President and Regional Manager Matt Krauter.
TruStone Financial’s Little Free Library is open to anyone and everyone and they encourage members of the community to use this library as a resource and stop by to pick up or drop off a book or two. The credit union accepts donations of new or slightly used, good condition and family-friendly books to place in the library. All types of family-friendly books are welcome, with a substantial need for children’s literature.
With the addition of these two Little Free Libraries, the credit union has a total of four at their branch in Minnesota and Wisconsin. “We are your neighborhood credit union and we want our communities to know we are doing our part to make our neighborhoods an even better place to raise kids, live, work, worship or grow a business,” said TruStone Financial Chief Business Officer Steve Steen.
The Little Free Library idea began in Hudson Wisconsin in 2009 and has since taken off in many small – and large – communities. By January of 2014, the total number of registered Little Free Libraries in the world is conservatively estimated to be between 10,000 and 12,000. For more information on Little Free Library, visit LittleFreeLibrary.org.
About TruStone Financial
TruStone Financial is one of the fastest growing credit unions in the Midwest with assets in excess of $958 million and more than 85,000 members worldwide. There are 13 branches across Minnesota and Wisconsin. The credit union is headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota. More information can be found at TruStoneFinancial.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Mayor St. Marie-Carls was voted down on her request for the City of St. Francis City Council to take action on tax disparity and Citizens concerns who have received up to 64% increase in their property taxes.
- Packard Plaza in Cudahy sold
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- The Gateway to Milwaukee Has Been Supporting Economic Progress in the Airport Area for Past 10 Years
- Registration is Open for Walk MS: Milwaukee
- CHS Class Ring received 72 years After Graduation!
- "HeART & Sole" Sister's EXPO