Plymouth, Minn. (June 3, 2014) -- TruStone Financial Federal Credit Union is proud to announce the addition of new Little Free Libraries at two of its branches in eastern Wisconsin. The branches are located at 6715 Green Bay Road in Kenosha and at 5570 South Packard Avenue in Cudahy, Wisconsin.
This “take a book, return a book” gathering place is located near the front doors of the credit union offices. “We love being a part of the communities we serve and we’re proud to offer this book sharing opportunity to our neighbors.” said Vice President and Regional Manager Matt Krauter.
TruStone Financial’s Little Free Library is open to anyone and everyone and they encourage members of the community to use this library as a resource and stop by to pick up or drop off a book or two. The credit union accepts donations of new or slightly used, good condition and family-friendly books to place in the library. All types of family-friendly books are welcome, with a substantial need for children’s literature.
With the addition of these two Little Free Libraries, the credit union has a total of four at their branch in Minnesota and Wisconsin. “We are your neighborhood credit union and we want our communities to know we are doing our part to make our neighborhoods an even better place to raise kids, live, work, worship or grow a business,” said TruStone Financial Chief Business Officer Steve Steen.
The Little Free Library idea began in Hudson Wisconsin in 2009 and has since taken off in many small – and large – communities. By January of 2014, the total number of registered Little Free Libraries in the world is conservatively estimated to be between 10,000 and 12,000. For more information on Little Free Library, visit LittleFreeLibrary.org.
About TruStone Financial
TruStone Financial is one of the fastest growing credit unions in the Midwest with assets in excess of $958 million and more than 85,000 members worldwide. There are 13 branches across Minnesota and Wisconsin. The credit union is headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota. More information can be found at TruStoneFinancial.org.
- Bluegrass Fest Benefit to Pulaski Park-Cudahy
- South Shore Police Departments Partner for Traffic Enforcement
- Pancake Breakfast at the Kelly Center
- The South Shore Farmers Market is open for the season
- Shop St. Francis Week - June 27 to July 4th Offers discounts and offers!
- South Milwaukee Football Annual Golf Outing
- Former Southshore YMCA to become public community recreation center
- Added Yoga Classes at the Cudahy Family Library
- Cudahy Health Department Awarded Grant
- Thank you to generous Cudahy 4th of July sponsors