I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who participated in Saturday’s Earth Day / Arbor Day Celebration on April 26th. We had a great showing of support from community volunteers and organizations that helped clean up our city and enjoyed the celebration afterwards at the Cudahy Family Library.
Events like this would not happen with generous support and hard work. I would like to thank Joel Puczylowski and the volunteers for their planning and hard work on making for a successful event. Also, thank you to the Cudahy Lions Club, Roundy’s Foods, TiPrint, K-Ranch, Cudahy Forestry and Department of Public Works, Country Flower Shop, Boys and Cub Scout troops, Brownie and Girl Scout troops, McDonalds, volunteers from the Cudahy Water Utility and City Hall, Cudahy Family Library Staff, Paul Baerwald, and the Cudahy Tree Board. Kim Sebastian of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Urban Forester presented the city with our 25th consecutive “Tree City USA” award as we celebrated our 26th celebration here in Cudahy.
Once again I can’t thank everyone enough for your willingness to make our community better! I am looking forward to next year’s event.
Mayor John Hohenfeldt
City of Cudahy
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- UW-Parkside's October Science Night!
- St. Thomas More High School Prepares for Recycling Drive
- Holiday Folk Fair to Help Celebrate Italian Heritage Month
- Rudyard Kipling comes to Milwaukee in advance of his 150th birthday!
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Babe's Ice Cream Turns 10 Years Old
- MIAW Pro Wrestling Returns to Papa Luigi's
- Grand Time Out 2015
- Polish Heritage Month Display at Cudahy Family Library