Wixon, a manufacturer of seasonings, flavors and technologies for the food and beverage industry, has hired Kim Cornelius as Food Technologist for its Industrial Ingredients Lab.
Cornelius will be working in the company’s Tech Center and be responsible for new product development, product reformulation, and product optimization. She has more than 15 years of experience in the industry and has developed spices and seasonings for a wide variety of applications, including meat, dips, sauces, and snacks. Prior to joining Wixon, Cornelius served as R&D Manager at Foran Spice Company.
“We are confident that Kim will be an excellent addition to Wixon and a particularly strong asset to our Tech Center Team,” says Mariano Gascon, Wixon Vice President of Research & Development. “Kim’s experience with multiple disciplines, including project management, food safety, and food regulations make her a well-rounded partner for our clients as they seek on-trend flavor systems and custom seasoning blends.”
A native of Milton, Wis., Cornelius graduated from Mount Mary College in Milwaukee with a bachelor of science degree in dietetics. She is a member of the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT). Cornelius resides in Waterford, Wis., with her husband and enjoys competing in triathlons, gardening, and culinary endeavors.
For more than 100 years, Wixon has been a trusted provider of flavors, seasonings, and technologies for food and beverage manufacturers. With its scientific and culinary capabilities combined with a passion for service, Wixon drives innovation and solutions for its customers. Wixon focuses on its core areas of expertise: Industrial Ingredients, including Foodservice; Consumer Products; and Protein. Customers are encouraged to tap into a portfolio of services, including R&D, custom formulation development, turnkey solutions, and menu ideation. Wixon ingredients are globally-sourced and go beyond FDA standards to ensure quality and cleanliness. The company also offers spice grinding, blending, and a complete line of package engineering options. Located in St. Francis, Wis., a suburb of Milwaukee, Wixon is GFSI Certified to FSSC 22000, ISO9001 Certified, and QAI Organic Certified. More information on Wixon or any of its products may be obtained at www.wixon.com or by calling (414) 769-3000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bike Donations Needed
- New South Shore Masters Swimming Program
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Mayor St. Marie-Carls was voted down on her request for the City of St. Francis City Council to take action on tax disparity and Citizens concerns who have received up to 64% increase in their property taxes.
- Packard Plaza in Cudahy sold
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- The Gateway to Milwaukee Has Been Supporting Economic Progress in the Airport Area for Past 10 Years
- Registration is Open for Walk MS: Milwaukee