Wixon, a manufacturer of seasonings, flavors and technologies for the food and beverage industry, has hired Kim Cornelius as Food Technologist for its Industrial Ingredients Lab.
Cornelius will be working in the company’s Tech Center and be responsible for new product development, product reformulation, and product optimization. She has more than 15 years of experience in the industry and has developed spices and seasonings for a wide variety of applications, including meat, dips, sauces, and snacks. Prior to joining Wixon, Cornelius served as R&D Manager at Foran Spice Company.
“We are confident that Kim will be an excellent addition to Wixon and a particularly strong asset to our Tech Center Team,” says Mariano Gascon, Wixon Vice President of Research & Development. “Kim’s experience with multiple disciplines, including project management, food safety, and food regulations make her a well-rounded partner for our clients as they seek on-trend flavor systems and custom seasoning blends.”
A native of Milton, Wis., Cornelius graduated from Mount Mary College in Milwaukee with a bachelor of science degree in dietetics. She is a member of the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT). Cornelius resides in Waterford, Wis., with her husband and enjoys competing in triathlons, gardening, and culinary endeavors.
For more than 100 years, Wixon has been a trusted provider of flavors, seasonings, and technologies for food and beverage manufacturers. With its scientific and culinary capabilities combined with a passion for service, Wixon drives innovation and solutions for its customers. Wixon focuses on its core areas of expertise: Industrial Ingredients, including Foodservice; Consumer Products; and Protein. Customers are encouraged to tap into a portfolio of services, including R&D, custom formulation development, turnkey solutions, and menu ideation. Wixon ingredients are globally-sourced and go beyond FDA standards to ensure quality and cleanliness. The company also offers spice grinding, blending, and a complete line of package engineering options. Located in St. Francis, Wis., a suburb of Milwaukee, Wixon is GFSI Certified to FSSC 22000, ISO9001 Certified, and QAI Organic Certified. More information on Wixon or any of its products may be obtained at www.wixon.com or by calling (414) 769-3000.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- Illinois-Based Alexander-King Farms Complaints Rack Up from Wisconsin Consumers over Undelivered Meat
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- Update on former South Shore YMCA facility
- City of Cudahy continued refinancing efforts
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs