The Cudahy Historical Society's first Open House of the year will be held Saturday, April 26, from 10 a.m. until noon at the National Historical Landmark Cudahy Rail Road Depot.
The Open Houses at the Depot are a great way to learn more about the history of our city and the only chance to view some of the interesting items in the “back room” – the area that once was the baggage area. There you’ll find velocipedes, which are three-wheeled hand-propelled cars that were once used to check the condition of the railroad tracks, and old “pull the handle and close the curtain” voting booth, a telephone operator’s switchboard and a lot more. Knowledgeable docents are on hand to answer questions.
In the Ladies Waiting Room is the original desk used by Patrick Cudahy!
Open Houses are free and everyone is invited.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Folk Fair Producer to Help Fight Ebola
- CIGARMKE - KNOW YOUR LEAF - PART 1
- CIGARMKE LET'S GET LIT - FALL 2014 ON NOV. 8TH
- Cudahy Tourism Commission Volunteer Opening
- Postal service offers holiday mailing tips
- BBB Free Fall Shred Event helped Record Number of Wisconsinites Fight Identity Theft
- Great Lakes Lighthouses Speaker at Next Cudahy Historical Society Meeting
- Best Presents Aren't Things presented by Kathi Miller
- St. Ann Center Indoor Market starts Saturday!
- South Milwaukee Lions Step up to Help Community Organizations