The Cudahy Historical Society's first Open House of the year will be held Saturday, April 26, from 10 a.m. until noon at the National Historical Landmark Cudahy Rail Road Depot.
The Open Houses at the Depot are a great way to learn more about the history of our city and the only chance to view some of the interesting items in the “back room” – the area that once was the baggage area. There you’ll find velocipedes, which are three-wheeled hand-propelled cars that were once used to check the condition of the railroad tracks, and old “pull the handle and close the curtain” voting booth, a telephone operator’s switchboard and a lot more. Knowledgeable docents are on hand to answer questions.
In the Ladies Waiting Room is the original desk used by Patrick Cudahy!
Open Houses are free and everyone is invited.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Milwaukee IndyFest Returns to The Milwaukee Mile July 11-12
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive