The Cudahy Historical Society's first Open House of the year will be held Saturday, April 26, from 10 a.m. until noon at the National Historical Landmark Cudahy Rail Road Depot.
The Open Houses at the Depot are a great way to learn more about the history of our city and the only chance to view some of the interesting items in the “back room” – the area that once was the baggage area. There you’ll find velocipedes, which are three-wheeled hand-propelled cars that were once used to check the condition of the railroad tracks, and old “pull the handle and close the curtain” voting booth, a telephone operator’s switchboard and a lot more. Knowledgeable docents are on hand to answer questions.
In the Ladies Waiting Room is the original desk used by Patrick Cudahy!
Open Houses are free and everyone is invited.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cudahy High School's Ian Fox a Kohl Excellence Scholar
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 3rd Annual South Milwaukee Breakfast with the Easter Bunny & Easter Egg Hunt
- Cudahy Pick N Save Hosting Easter Egg Hunt/Pancake Breakfast
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Postal Service Ready For Tax Day
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Fun With Food
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Open House
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive