The Cudahy Historical Society's first Open House of the year will be held Saturday, April 26, from 10 a.m. until noon at the National Historical Landmark Cudahy Rail Road Depot.
The Open Houses at the Depot are a great way to learn more about the history of our city and the only chance to view some of the interesting items in the “back room” – the area that once was the baggage area. There you’ll find velocipedes, which are three-wheeled hand-propelled cars that were once used to check the condition of the railroad tracks, and old “pull the handle and close the curtain” voting booth, a telephone operator’s switchboard and a lot more. Knowledgeable docents are on hand to answer questions.
In the Ladies Waiting Room is the original desk used by Patrick Cudahy!
Open Houses are free and everyone is invited.
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Barrett Lo Visionary Development Announces Valentine Coffee Co. as Newest Tenant at Emerald Row
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- Thank you for a successful Cudahy Arbor Day event in 2016!
- Come to the Cudahy Family Library in May to learn all about the Pabst Family
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Feast of the Sacred Heart Celebration
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry