The South Milwaukee Downtown Market is making a return trip to South Milwaukee High School for another indoor spring market.
The Spring Market is planned for Saturday, April 26, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. More than 50 vendors – including a number of regulars from the outdoor Downtown Market – gather to sell arts, crafts, organics, baked goods and other specialty items. The vendor stall space is full.
Prepared hot foods (gluten free and vegan options available) and a variety of live entertainment will be available in a special seating area.
“I’m glad we can make this terrific venue available for the Spring Market,” South Milwaukee School Superintendent Rita Olson said. “This is a perfect example of the types of community partnerships we’re trying to forge here.”
The South Milwaukee High School is located at 801 15th Avenue, between Rawson and College Avenues in the City of South Milwaukee. Ample parking is located east of the campus. Enter from the parkway.
2014 Summer Market Starts June 5
The outdoor South Milwaukee Downtown Market will open its summer season on Thursday, June 5. The season will conclude Oct. 9. Markets will be held every Thursday during those dates (except July 3) from 3 to 7 p.m.
“Our sixth outdoor season is going to be our best one yet,” said Market Chairman David Kieck, the former South Milwaukee mayor. “We have established ourselves as one of the top farmers’ markets in the area, and we’re proud to bring such a great event to downtown South Milwaukee every week.”
The summer markets are held on 11th Avenue south of Milwaukee Avenue. However, a road construction project will force a temporary relocation of the market during June and July of 2014. Stay tuned for details.
Vendor spaces remain for the summer market. Cost is $300 for the entire 19-week season, or $25 per week. Information on the South Milwaukee Downtown Market can be found at www.smmarket.org and on Facebook.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Community United Methodist Church 175th Anniversary Carnival
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Thanks Donors with Complimentary Gas Card
- Rise to Your Potential, Soar to New Heights With Ascension Martial Arts
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Wisonsin Panthers Basketball
- Heads Up! Cudahy Kennel Club Dog Class Registration
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- Character Education Recognized in South Milwaukee: South Milwaukee School District Earns State District of Character Award
- Howard Village Hosts Fall Open House
- SUPPORT CUDAHY FARMERS MARKET