Cudahy High School, Cudahy-St.Francis Kiwanis and Educators Credit Union have partnered to provide an opportunity for many high school students to participate in a program called, "Reality Check" on Friday, May 2, 2014, 7:15 am - Noon.
"Reality Check" is an interactive hands-on financial literacy event working to partner school districts and community organizations and businesses to help promote responsible spending and budgeting decisions.
Students begin by choosing a career they would like to have in the future. They are then assigned a fictitious martial state, one or more children, a monthly salary, and a credit score. After a short orientation, they have to make financial decisions that will impact their "families" for one month. They are required to go from station to station and work with local volunteers to find and pay for housing, day-care, utilities,food, clothing, etc. that fit within their budget. There are also opportunities for unexpected positive and negative financial impacts.
Volunteers are needed to work with the students at the various life stations and assisting them about their choices.
"Reality Check" activities include:
Money Management Skills
Writing Checks and keeping a Register
The importance of a Career Selection
The Impact of a Credit Score.
To make this event successful, we need valuable volunteers to help students make sound financial choices. If you can volunteer, please contact Kevin Jones 414-294-2706 or e-mail email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB Free Fall Shred Event helped Record Number of Wisconsinites Fight Identity Theft
- Great Lakes Lighthouses Speaker at Next Cudahy Historical Society Meeting
- Best Presents Aren't Things presented by Kathi Miller
- St. Ann Center Indoor Market starts Saturday!
- South Milwaukee Lions Step up to Help Community Organizations
- Patrick Cudahy Expansion approved by Governing Bodies
- Vendor Fair at Cudahy Family Library
- Ribbon Cutting at Aurora St. Lukes South Shore
- Kelly Senior Center Day Trip to Gurnee Mills Mall
- In Tandem Theatre Comes A "Cudahy” Caroling One Last Time