On Thursday, March 27, 2014 the Sheridan Park Friends received the honor of being named the Friends Group of the Year for 2014. This award is given by the Park People, the umbrella organization for the many Friends of the Park groups throughout Milwuakee County.
In being named as recipient, Sheridan Park notably raised significant funds for their local park, involved the entire Cudahy community in celebrating the 100 year centennial and for the many events that the group sponsors to improve the park.
The award was presented at the Park People's Annual Meeting which this year was held at the historical Milwaukee Light House. Receiving the award on behalf of Sheridan Friends were the co-chairs, Sylvia Gear and Antoinette Vnuk along with Friends member Sara Eberhardy.
Sylvia Gear reminded attendees that many events for the Centennial are still planned for 2014 including the 4th of July parade, Pedal in the Park with Pat and Blue Grass Concert on June 19 and a Ground Breaking for the remodeled pavilion in Fall.
- First Annual Taste of the Gateway: Wednesday, July 20
- Bluegrass Fest Benefit to Pulaski Park-Cudahy
- South Shore Police Departments Partner for Traffic Enforcement
- Pancake Breakfast at the Kelly Center
- The South Shore Farmers Market is open for the season
- Shop St. Francis Week - June 27 to July 4th Offers discounts and offers!
- South Milwaukee Football Annual Golf Outing
- Former Southshore YMCA to become public community recreation center
- Added Yoga Classes at the Cudahy Family Library
- Cudahy Health Department Awarded Grant