On Thursday, March 27, 2014 the Sheridan Park Friends received the honor of being named the Friends Group of the Year for 2014. This award is given by the Park People, the umbrella organization for the many Friends of the Park groups throughout Milwuakee County.
In being named as recipient, Sheridan Park notably raised significant funds for their local park, involved the entire Cudahy community in celebrating the 100 year centennial and for the many events that the group sponsors to improve the park.
The award was presented at the Park People's Annual Meeting which this year was held at the historical Milwaukee Light House. Receiving the award on behalf of Sheridan Friends were the co-chairs, Sylvia Gear and Antoinette Vnuk along with Friends member Sara Eberhardy.
Sylvia Gear reminded attendees that many events for the Centennial are still planned for 2014 including the 4th of July parade, Pedal in the Park with Pat and Blue Grass Concert on June 19 and a Ground Breaking for the remodeled pavilion in Fall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee IndyFest Returns to The Milwaukee Mile July 11-12
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- Cudahy Post Office Will Close July 4TH