Working Smoke Detectors Save Life’s!
On the evening of March 26th, the Cudahy Fire Department responded to a residential fire with a successful evacuation and rescue of a Cudahy resident. While the damage to the property was minimal and their no injuries, working smoke detectors can be attributed to quick action of a resident to get to safety. In arriving on the scene last night, Battalion Chief Posda informs me that the smoke detectors were working and continued to sound after the fire was put out.
Please make sure that you change your batteries at least twice a year and test your smoke detectors regularly. A simple way to remember is to change them when you change your clocks in the spring and fall with the time change.
Mayor John Hohenfeldt
City of Cudahy
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bike Donations Needed
- New South Shore Masters Swimming Program
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Mayor St. Marie-Carls was voted down on her request for the City of St. Francis City Council to take action on tax disparity and Citizens concerns who have received up to 64% increase in their property taxes.
- Packard Plaza in Cudahy sold
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- The Gateway to Milwaukee Has Been Supporting Economic Progress in the Airport Area for Past 10 Years
- Registration is Open for Walk MS: Milwaukee