On the afternoon of March 20th, I had the opportunity to meet with Congresswoman Gwen Moore and discussed many issues that face our community from a Federal Level. Part of my job as your Chief Elected Official, is to work and advocate on behalf of our residents with other governmental bodies. I felt that our meeting was very positive and productive in conveying some of the needs within my community.
During our discussions, we talked about a wide range of subjects. Those subjects included our major employers, current economic conditions of our residents, increased funding for schools, public health funding (which the Congresswoman has been supportive of), increased federal funding for noise abatement programs administered by the Federal Aviation Administration, shoreline improvements allowing public access to the lakefront at Lake Michigan, local road funding and a streamlined local road funding process, federal assistance for communications equipment for Emergency Services, and a host of other items.
As your elected officials, we renewed our pledge to continue to work together between our governmental entities for the benefit of all of the residents we serve. In a time where Elected Officials don’t seem to be able to agree on anything, it was truly refreshing to meet with the Congresswoman and agree to work together.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bay View Business Gives Back
- "The Ultimate Sacrifice and History" presented by Tom Mueller (Oak Creek Resident)
- Free Outdoor Band Concert Tuesday!
- Cudahy Police To Participate in Alcohol Crackdown
- Cudahy’s Net New Construction is .20%
- Jessica Michna Portrays Helen Keller at the Cudahy Family Library.
- Largest Youth Football Scrimmage in the State?
- 50TH SAINT FRANCIS DAYS
- Cudahy Lions Brat Fry
- Health Fair Returns to South Milw Downtown Market - Sept 4th