A MAYORAL PROCLAMATION PROCLAIMING
AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH
WHEREAS, autism is a pervasive developmental disorder affecting the social, communication and behavioral skills of those affected by it, and,
WHEREAS, as more health professionals become proficient in diagnosing autism, more children are being diagnosed on the autism spectrum, resulting in rates as high as 1 in 88 children nationally, and
WHEREAS, while there is no cure for autism, it is well-documented that if individuals with autism receive treatment early in their lives, it often is possible for those individuals to lead significantly improved lives, and,
WHEREAS, individuals with autism often require a lifetime of specialized and community support services to ensure their health and safety and to support families’ resilience as they manage the psychological and financial burdens autism presents.
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, That I Mayor John Hohenfeldt do hereby proclaim APRIL 14 as NATIONAL AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH in the City of Cudahy, and urge all employees and residents to participate in our municipality’s National Autism Awareness Month activities, in order to become better educated on the subject of autism spectrum disorders.
John Hohenfeldt, Mayor
March 14, 2014
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- April 19: Meet Sundance Award-Winner & South Milwaukee Native Chad Gracia, Ukrainian Fedor Alexandrovich
- Cudahy High School's Ian Fox a Kohl Excellence Scholar
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 3rd Annual South Milwaukee Breakfast with the Easter Bunny & Easter Egg Hunt
- Cudahy Pick N Save Hosting Easter Egg Hunt/Pancake Breakfast
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Postal Service Ready For Tax Day
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Fun With Food
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Open House