Ron Winkler, author and very active member of the Bay View Historical Society, is the featured speaker at our next General Meeting, Tuesday, April 15. His talk was originally set for March but had to be rescheduled until next month.
Ron has just published another book, this time about the history of the old Town of Lake, from which Cudahy was carved.
If you ever wondered why some streets in our city seem very wide while some are very narrow, Ron has the answer. Also, ask him about the “lost” city of New Coln that used to run from Howell Avenue to the lake!
This meeting is also our nominating meeting and we are seeking some candidates for board spots.
General meetings are held in the National Historical Landmark Railroad Depot, 4647 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., and begin at 7 p.m. The event is free and everyone is invited.
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Opener on June 2nd
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- "Click It or Ticket"
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- "Click it or Ticket It" Campaign
- Pabst program at the Cudahy Family Library Cancelled
- Huge Bicycle Auction
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club