Ron Winkler, author and very active member of the Bay View Historical Society, is the featured speaker at our next General Meeting, Tuesday, April 15. His talk was originally set for March but had to be rescheduled until next month.
Ron has just published another book, this time about the history of the old Town of Lake, from which Cudahy was carved.
If you ever wondered why some streets in our city seem very wide while some are very narrow, Ron has the answer. Also, ask him about the “lost” city of New Coln that used to run from Howell Avenue to the lake!
This meeting is also our nominating meeting and we are seeking some candidates for board spots.
General meetings are held in the National Historical Landmark Railroad Depot, 4647 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., and begin at 7 p.m. The event is free and everyone is invited.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Outdoor Band Concert Tuesday!
- Cudahy Police To Participate in Alcohol Crackdown
- Cudahy’s Net New Construction is .20%
- Jessica Michna Portrays Helen Keller at the Cudahy Family Library.
- Largest Youth Football Scrimmage in the State?
- 50TH SAINT FRANCIS DAYS
- Cudahy Lions Brat Fry
- Health Fair Returns to South Milw Downtown Market - Sept 4th
- New tool to fight scammers, recover money
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host 13th Annual Big League Blood Drive