Ron Winkler, a author and very active member of the Bay View Historical Society, is the featured speaker at the Cudahy Historical Society's next General Meeting, Tuesday, March 18. He has just published a book about the history of the old Town of Lake, from which the City of Cudahy was carved.
If you ever wondered why some streets in our city (actually, there are no streets in Cudahy only avenues) seem very wide while some are very narrow, Ron has the answer. Also, ask him about the “lost” city of New Coln that used to run from Howell Avenue to the lake!
General meetings are held in the historic Cudahy Railroad Depot, a national historic landmark and begin at 7 p.m. The depot is located at 4647 S. Kinnickinnic Avenue.
The event is free and everyone is invited.
Refreshments will be served
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Card Skimming: Can it Happen to You?
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Stay Alert! School’s Back In Session
- 51st SAINT FRANCIS DAYS
- Callen Construction Offers Tips for Preventing and Eliminating Exterior Mold
- Free Writing Workshop for Kids
- Cudahy Historical Society Outdoor Band Concert Tuesday
- Please support the Packard Avenue Businesses during construction
- HamBINGO Thursday August 20 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- SOUTH MILWAUKEE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER PRESENTS BOSTON BRASS: AND THE NOMINEES ARE… SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 7:30 PM