Ron Winkler, a author and very active member of the Bay View Historical Society, is the featured speaker at the Cudahy Historical Society's next General Meeting, Tuesday, March 18. He has just published a book about the history of the old Town of Lake, from which the City of Cudahy was carved.
If you ever wondered why some streets in our city (actually, there are no streets in Cudahy only avenues) seem very wide while some are very narrow, Ron has the answer. Also, ask him about the “lost” city of New Coln that used to run from Howell Avenue to the lake!
General meetings are held in the historic Cudahy Railroad Depot, a national historic landmark and begin at 7 p.m. The depot is located at 4647 S. Kinnickinnic Avenue.
The event is free and everyone is invited.
Refreshments will be served
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee IndyFest Returns to The Milwaukee Mile July 11-12
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- Cudahy Post Office Will Close July 4TH