Ron Winkler, a author and very active member of the Bay View Historical Society, is the featured speaker at the Cudahy Historical Society's next General Meeting, Tuesday, March 18. He has just published a book about the history of the old Town of Lake, from which the City of Cudahy was carved.
If you ever wondered why some streets in our city (actually, there are no streets in Cudahy only avenues) seem very wide while some are very narrow, Ron has the answer. Also, ask him about the “lost” city of New Coln that used to run from Howell Avenue to the lake!
General meetings are held in the historic Cudahy Railroad Depot, a national historic landmark and begin at 7 p.m. The depot is located at 4647 S. Kinnickinnic Avenue.
The event is free and everyone is invited.
Refreshments will be served
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Folk Fair Producer to Help Fight Ebola
- CIGARMKE - KNOW YOUR LEAF - PART 1
- CIGARMKE LET'S GET LIT - FALL 2014 ON NOV. 8TH
- Cudahy Tourism Commission Volunteer Opening
- Postal service offers holiday mailing tips
- BBB Free Fall Shred Event helped Record Number of Wisconsinites Fight Identity Theft
- Great Lakes Lighthouses Speaker at Next Cudahy Historical Society Meeting
- Best Presents Aren't Things presented by Kathi Miller
- St. Ann Center Indoor Market starts Saturday!
- South Milwaukee Lions Step up to Help Community Organizations