Ron Winkler, a author and very active member of the Bay View Historical Society, is the featured speaker at the Cudahy Historical Society's next General Meeting, Tuesday, March 18. He has just published a book about the history of the old Town of Lake, from which the City of Cudahy was carved.
If you ever wondered why some streets in our city (actually, there are no streets in Cudahy only avenues) seem very wide while some are very narrow, Ron has the answer. Also, ask him about the “lost” city of New Coln that used to run from Howell Avenue to the lake!
General meetings are held in the historic Cudahy Railroad Depot, a national historic landmark and begin at 7 p.m. The depot is located at 4647 S. Kinnickinnic Avenue.
The event is free and everyone is invited.
Refreshments will be served
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Mark's "Night of the Father's Love"
- Church Concert
- Wixon Welcomes Tara Headd, National Account Manager
- Warm Your Heart Chili & Jewelry Event
- St. Francis Civic Center Gala and Tree Lighting events
- Cudahy Family Library Receives 2014 Book Basket Donation
- 2015 GET FIT Workshop - Kelly Senior Center
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Special Exhibits And Displays Showcased at Holiday Folk Fair International
- GERALD PETERSON IS AT IT AGAIN!!!!!