The Downtown Market is making a return trip to South Milwaukee High School for two indoor spring markets.
The South Milwaukee Spring Markets are planned for two Saturdays, March 1 and April 26, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., as more than 50 vendors – including a number of regulars from the outdoor Downtown Market – gather to sell arts, crafts, organics, baked goods and other specialty items.
Prepared foods and live entertainment will also be available in a special seating area.
“I’m glad we can make this terrific venue available for the Spring Market,” South Milwaukee School Superintendent Rita Olson said. “This is a perfect example of the types of community partnerships we’re trying to forge here.”
There is still vendor space available for the spring markets. Sellers who make, bake, or grow their wares are invited to participate.
Applications and additional details are available on the market website www.smmarket.org. Stalls for each spring market are $30, plus $5 for those who need power.
2014 Summer Market Starts June 5
The South Milwaukee Downtown Market will open its summer season on Thursday, June 5. The season will conclude Oct. 9. Markets will be held every Thursday during those dates (except July 3) from 3 to 7 p.m.
“Our sixth outdoor season is going to be our best one yet,” said Market Chairman David Kieck, the former South Milwaukee mayor. “We have established ourselves as one of the top farmers’ markets in the area, and we’re proud to bring such a great event to downtown South Milwaukee every week.”
The summer markets are held on 11th Avenue south of Milwaukee Avenue. However, a road construction project will force a temporary relocation of the market during June and July of 2014. Stay tuned for details.
Vendor spaces still remain for the summer market. Cost is $300 for the entire 19-week season, or $25 per week.
The summer market also features weekly live music and is looking for small ensembles or individual musicians. Please contact Dana Clark at the Sweet Music store at 414-762-5242 for more information.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- Illinois-Based Alexander-King Farms Complaints Rack Up from Wisconsin Consumers over Undelivered Meat
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- Update on former South Shore YMCA facility
- City of Cudahy continued refinancing efforts
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs