For Immediate Release:
Cudahy Mayor Supports returning $43 million unexpected revenues to fix local roads.
On Tuesday February 11, 2014, Cudahy Mayor John Hohenfeldt joined Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, Greendale Village President John Hermes and St. Francis Mayor Cory Ann St. Marie-Carls in requesting that the Governor and Wisconsin State Legislature consider returning the unexpected excess revenue of $43 million dollars on local road improvements. Local roads are the backbone of any efficient statewide transportation system and Wisconsin’s economy.
Here in our community, we have done an exceptional job of spending our tax dollars wisely on local roads whenever we conduct a project. Without additional funds from this money which was paid for by our taxpayers, our infrastructure will continue to crumble. “The City of Cudahy is currently working on borrowing money to rebuild local roads” stated Mayor John Hohenfeldt. “When we borrow money to do this, the debt falls on our residents in tax levy and debt service.” “Returning what my taxpayers have paid to contribute to this surplus, will allow not only my community, but other communities to fix our aging local road system.” “This issue is not just a City of Cudahy issue; this issue affects all communities in Milwaukee County.”
Any questions regarding this release can be addressed to:
Office of the Mayor
City of Cudahy
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pop-Up Gallery Event: "In Memory of Chester. H. Sheard"
- UW-Parkside's October Science Night!
- St. Thomas More High School Prepares for Recycling Drive
- Holiday Folk Fair to Help Celebrate Italian Heritage Month
- Rudyard Kipling comes to Milwaukee in advance of his 150th birthday!
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Babe's Ice Cream Turns 10 Years Old
- MIAW Pro Wrestling Returns to Papa Luigi's
- Grand Time Out 2015