As a result of having four days of closed school due to extreme cold weather, the district will need to add days and additional minutes to the school year. The State of Wisconsin requires a set number of school days as well as a set number of student minutes each year. If the district closes school again due to extreme cold, snow or other reasons, additional days and minutes will be added to this schedule.
South Milwaukee High School students will have a full day of school on Friday, May 23, 2014, which was previously scheduled as a vacation day. Exams schedules will also be altered at the end of the school year in June with full days now being scheduled on June 12 and 13.
For full details on all school schedules due to these changes, please check the District website at www.sdsm.k12.wi.us. High School parents will also receive detailed information in the parent newsletter, and can check Parent PowerSchool bulletins.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Mayor St. Marie-Carls was voted down on her request for the City of St. Francis City Council to take action on tax disparity and Citizens concerns who have received up to 64% increase in their property taxes.
- Packard Plaza in Cudahy sold
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- The Gateway to Milwaukee Has Been Supporting Economic Progress in the Airport Area for Past 10 Years
- Registration is Open for Walk MS: Milwaukee
- CHS Class Ring received 72 years After Graduation!
- "HeART & Sole" Sister's EXPO