The Knightwind Ensemble, Milwaukee’s premiere wind ensemble, presents their winter concert titled “American Composers”, under the direction of Dr. Erik N. Janners. The featured works in this performance include Tempered Steel (Young), New England Triptych (Schuman), Galactic Empires (Gillingham), and Elegy for A Young American (Lo Presti).
Sunday, February 2, 2014
South Milwaukee PAC (901-15th Avenue, South Milwaukee, WI)
General Admission/$15 - Seniors/Student/$12
Tickets may be purchased in advance at the South Milwaukee PAC by calling their box office at (414) 766-5049 or order online at http://www.southmilwaukeepac.org/. Tickets are also available at the door.
The Knightwind Ensemble has been performing for Milwaukee (WI) audiences for over five decades. Beginning in 1956 as a youth activity sponsored by the Milwaukee Elks Lodge No. 46, the group has evolved into Milwaukee's premiere adult wind band. Presenting substantive and challenging programs, the Knightwind Ensemble continually strives to bring high quality concert experiences to its audiences. In 2006, the Ensemble celebrated 50 years as a community organization. It is truly amazing that in the 50 year history, the organization has known only five musical directors: George Zoske, Jim Walker, Wayne Becker, John Steinke, and Erik Janners.
Dr. Erik Janners, Music Director and Conductor of the Knightwind Ensemble, is internationally recognized as a conductor, scholar and performer. He holds degrees in percussion and conducting from Alma College, the University of Utah, and the University of Alabama. In addition to his duties with Knightwind, Dr. Janners serves as the Director of Music at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, a position he has held since 2007.
More information about the Knightwind Ensemble is available online at www.knightwind.org or follow us on Facebook.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- CIGARMKE ANNOUNCES THEIR MAY EVENT
- HGTV to Feature Flat Rate Home Services Manager on National Television Show
- Wixon Adds Patrick Inman, Operations Demand Planning Manager
- Cudahy Post Office Asks Residents to Help Stamp Out Hunger
- Say Cheers to More Healthy Years at Wilson Commons
- Update on two developement projects in Cudahy
- South Milwaukee Leo Club Hosts Supply Drive for Wisconsin Humane Society
- What's It Worth - Antique Appraisal
- Oak Creek Library Children's Craft Program May 2nd
- Layton Avenue Development Project Moving Forward