At a Special Meeting of the Common Council held on Tuesday January 21, 2014, the Common Council conducted a hearing with information provided by the Cudahy Police Department regarding seeking reimbursement for Municipal Police Services from a property owner identified as Chronic Nuisance Activities. Under our city’s Chronic Nuisance Ordinance, the Common Council is authorized to review reimbursement from these property owners for identified incidents.
At that meeting, the Common Council approved the reimbursement from a property owner a total of $7,053.58 for these services. Last year at a Special Meeting of the Common Council, the Common Council approved the reimbursement from multiple property owners in the amount of $13,380.58 for these services. Your elected officials continue to stand committed to enforcement and action regarding these properties, taking the undue burden away from the taxpayers of the City of Cudahy.
I want to assure our citizens that the Mayor, Common Council, Cudahy Police Department and all Municipal Departments stand committed to enforcement and action regarding chronic nuisance properties located here in our city.
John R. Hohenfeldt
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Corporate Housing in Brookfield, WI - Special Pricing
- Paranormal Milwaukee returns to the Cudahy Family Library
- National Memorabilia Appraiser & Local Home & Gardening Experts to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- Save the Date for Cedarburg Art Fair on March 7th, 10-4
- Friends of Pulaski Park-Cudahy Planning Park Upgrade
- Cudahy School District Increases Aquatics Programming
- Three to Get Ready- Four to Go!
- $ Den, Cudahy Featured Business of the Month, January
- End of an Era
- Oak Creek Library Make and Take Craft Program