At a Special Meeting of the Common Council held on Tuesday January 21, 2014, the Common Council conducted a hearing with information provided by the Cudahy Police Department regarding seeking reimbursement for Municipal Police Services from a property owner identified as Chronic Nuisance Activities. Under our city’s Chronic Nuisance Ordinance, the Common Council is authorized to review reimbursement from these property owners for identified incidents.
At that meeting, the Common Council approved the reimbursement from a property owner a total of $7,053.58 for these services. Last year at a Special Meeting of the Common Council, the Common Council approved the reimbursement from multiple property owners in the amount of $13,380.58 for these services. Your elected officials continue to stand committed to enforcement and action regarding these properties, taking the undue burden away from the taxpayers of the City of Cudahy.
I want to assure our citizens that the Mayor, Common Council, Cudahy Police Department and all Municipal Departments stand committed to enforcement and action regarding chronic nuisance properties located here in our city.
John R. Hohenfeldt
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Dick Woerfel Memorial Tournament is a Success
- Children's Author Deborah Diesen to Visit Oak Creek Public Library
- DHS Throws Disabled Under the Bus
- Bay View Business Gives Back
- "The Ultimate Sacrifice and History" presented by Tom Mueller (Oak Creek Resident)
- Free Outdoor Band Concert Tuesday!
- Cudahy Police To Participate in Alcohol Crackdown
- Cudahy’s Net New Construction is .20%
- Jessica Michna Portrays Helen Keller at the Cudahy Family Library.