History & Significance of Sheridan Park To be Presented Tuesday at Cudahy Historical Society
“The History and Significance of Sheridan Park” will be presented by Laurie Muench Albano at the Cudahy Historical Society’s next general meeting, Tuesday, Jan. 21. The program begins at 7:30 p.m. and is free and everyone is invited. The Historical Society is located in the Cudahy Depot, 4647 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.
“Sheridan Park is our anchor on the lakefront, and our lakefront is a catalyst for economic development in the City of Cudahy,” said Milwaukee County Supervisor Pat Jursik. “As Sheridan Park marks its 100th anniversary, we are honoring the park’s significance in a year-long centennial celebration.”
Jursik will introduce Albano at the meeting. Albano is a registered landscape architect who had worked for the Milwaukee County Parks from 1984-2008. In 2007, she wrote a photo history of the parks, “Images of America: Milwaukee County Parks,” which illustrates the parks’ rich heritage.
In her Sheridan Park program, Albano will talk about the park throughout the years and its impact on the City of Cudahy and the South Shore. In addition, she will show historic photographs and illustrations.
At the meeting, Sheridan Park Centennial Celebration raffle tickets will be available for purchase. The grand prize is an all-expense trip for two to New York City.
For more information or to volunteer for the Centennial events, email email@example.com or call (414) 278-4231.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sheridan Park Beach Clean-up as part of Adopt-a-Beach (TM)
- 10-year Anniversary Celebration Saturday September 27
- I love Yarn Day at the Cudahy Family Library
- Introduction to Tablets & e-Readers: Hands on Experience with Experts from Best Buy
- Student Traffic Safety Update
- Support Group for Divorced and Separated
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- Wixon Names Kay Aaseby Director of Procurement
- South Suburban Mayors' fitness Challenge
- Ss Peter and Paul Celebrates 100th Anniversary