History & Significance of Sheridan Park To be Presented Tuesday at Cudahy Historical Society
“The History and Significance of Sheridan Park” will be presented by Laurie Muench Albano at the Cudahy Historical Society’s next general meeting, Tuesday, Jan. 21. The program begins at 7:30 p.m. and is free and everyone is invited. The Historical Society is located in the Cudahy Depot, 4647 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.
“Sheridan Park is our anchor on the lakefront, and our lakefront is a catalyst for economic development in the City of Cudahy,” said Milwaukee County Supervisor Pat Jursik. “As Sheridan Park marks its 100th anniversary, we are honoring the park’s significance in a year-long centennial celebration.”
Jursik will introduce Albano at the meeting. Albano is a registered landscape architect who had worked for the Milwaukee County Parks from 1984-2008. In 2007, she wrote a photo history of the parks, “Images of America: Milwaukee County Parks,” which illustrates the parks’ rich heritage.
In her Sheridan Park program, Albano will talk about the park throughout the years and its impact on the City of Cudahy and the South Shore. In addition, she will show historic photographs and illustrations.
At the meeting, Sheridan Park Centennial Celebration raffle tickets will be available for purchase. The grand prize is an all-expense trip for two to New York City.
For more information or to volunteer for the Centennial events, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (414) 278-4231.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Mayor St. Marie-Carls was voted down on her request for the City of St. Francis City Council to take action on tax disparity and Citizens concerns who have received up to 64% increase in their property taxes.
- Packard Plaza in Cudahy sold
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- The Gateway to Milwaukee Has Been Supporting Economic Progress in the Airport Area for Past 10 Years
- Registration is Open for Walk MS: Milwaukee
- CHS Class Ring received 72 years After Graduation!
- "HeART & Sole" Sister's EXPO