You are cordially invited to attend the Seventeenth Annual South Milwaukee Empty Bowls Dinner.
Friday, January 17, 2014
South Milwaukee High School Commons
The premise of Empty Bowls is profoundly simple and has been repeated thousands of times by groups of people all over the world. A few people get together and create bowls. Guests are invited to receive a simple meal of soup, served in one of the handmade bowls, with bread and dessert. In return, guests take home the bowl they have eaten their soup from, as a reminder of continuing hunger in the world, and that they are part of a caring community doing something about it.
Please join us along with other community members in making this year’s Empty Bowls dinner a success.
Adults: $10.00 Children under 10: $1.00
Sponsored by FCCLA, Art Ceramics 1 and 2, Hotel & Hospitality Class
Orders must be submitted to the High School by January 9th. For more information, contact Jean Kriewaldt, 766-5864
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Carlos Meyers will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- WindSync "Simple Gifts: A Holiday Sampler"
- Annual Cudahy High School Alumni Basketball Tournament
- Ye Olde Christmas Feaste
- Local Author's Novel, Schrodinger's Dachshund, Set in Cudahy
- BBB Offers Tips to Black Friday Shoppers
- Prasser-Kleczka is donating to Hunger Task Force but we need YOUR help!
- Mr. Stephen Parr in Dicken's Doctor Marigold's Prescription at the Cudahy Family Library
- Twenty-Nine Years of Holiday Lights Provide Hope on Candy Cane Lane
- St. Mark's "Night of the Father's Love"