You are cordially invited to attend the Seventeenth Annual South Milwaukee Empty Bowls Dinner.
Friday, January 17, 2014
South Milwaukee High School Commons
The premise of Empty Bowls is profoundly simple and has been repeated thousands of times by groups of people all over the world. A few people get together and create bowls. Guests are invited to receive a simple meal of soup, served in one of the handmade bowls, with bread and dessert. In return, guests take home the bowl they have eaten their soup from, as a reminder of continuing hunger in the world, and that they are part of a caring community doing something about it.
Please join us along with other community members in making this year’s Empty Bowls dinner a success.
Adults: $10.00 Children under 10: $1.00
Sponsored by FCCLA, Art Ceramics 1 and 2, Hotel & Hospitality Class
Orders must be submitted to the High School by January 9th. For more information, contact Jean Kriewaldt, 766-5864
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- End of an Era
- Oak Creek Library Make and Take Craft Program
- An Open Letter to Governor Walker Regarding "Easy" Teacher Licensure
- CHS JV Cheerleaders are the 2015 State Champions in Cheer Dance
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Future Cudahy Farmer's Market Valentine Family Fun Night-Fundraiser
- “Exploring Entrepreneurship” presented by the Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC)
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"
- SSSF Mardi Gras Fundraiser to be held on February 14th