You are cordially invited to attend the Seventeenth Annual South Milwaukee Empty Bowls Dinner.
Friday, January 17, 2014
South Milwaukee High School Commons
The premise of Empty Bowls is profoundly simple and has been repeated thousands of times by groups of people all over the world. A few people get together and create bowls. Guests are invited to receive a simple meal of soup, served in one of the handmade bowls, with bread and dessert. In return, guests take home the bowl they have eaten their soup from, as a reminder of continuing hunger in the world, and that they are part of a caring community doing something about it.
Please join us along with other community members in making this year’s Empty Bowls dinner a success.
Adults: $10.00 Children under 10: $1.00
Sponsored by FCCLA, Art Ceramics 1 and 2, Hotel & Hospitality Class
Orders must be submitted to the High School by January 9th. For more information, contact Jean Kriewaldt, 766-5864
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Mayor St. Marie-Carls was voted down on her request for the City of St. Francis City Council to take action on tax disparity and Citizens concerns who have received up to 64% increase in their property taxes.
- Packard Plaza in Cudahy sold
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- The Gateway to Milwaukee Has Been Supporting Economic Progress in the Airport Area for Past 10 Years
- Registration is Open for Walk MS: Milwaukee
- CHS Class Ring received 72 years After Graduation!
- "HeART & Sole" Sister's EXPO