Cudahy's Sheridan Park is 100 years old this year.
In honor of this achievement, and as part of a year-long slate of commemorative activities, the Cudahy Historical Society will host author Laurie Muench Albano at its next General Meeting.
Albano will talk about Sheridan Park throughout the years; interesting photographs and illustrations will be part of her presentation. She is the author of the book, Milwaukee County Parks, published in 2007. Albano is a registered landscape architect and worked for the Milwaukee County Parks since 1984.
This will also be an excellent opportunity to purchase tickets for the raffle sponsored by the Sheridan Park Friends. The grand prize is an all-expense trip for two to New York City this spring.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, January 21 and is free. The location is the historic Cudahy Railroad Depot, 4647 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.
- Bartelt Wins Two Regional Chrysalis Awards
- A Right Path Wellness Opens in Bay View with Community Open House May 21 4-8:00
- Oak Creek Youth Football - Registration is Open!!
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Governor Walker Invests in Cudahy for Fab Lab Equipment
- Author Visit with Elizabeth Kokalis - May 14th
- Gifts for All Women at Worship
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Barrett Lo Visionary Development Announces Valentine Coffee Co. as Newest Tenant at Emerald Row