Cudahy's Sheridan Park is 100 years old this year.
In honor of this achievement, and as part of a year-long slate of commemorative activities, the Cudahy Historical Society will host author Laurie Muench Albano at its next General Meeting.
Albano will talk about Sheridan Park throughout the years; interesting photographs and illustrations will be part of her presentation. She is the author of the book, Milwaukee County Parks, published in 2007. Albano is a registered landscape architect and worked for the Milwaukee County Parks since 1984.
This will also be an excellent opportunity to purchase tickets for the raffle sponsored by the Sheridan Park Friends. The grand prize is an all-expense trip for two to New York City this spring.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, January 21 and is free. The location is the historic Cudahy Railroad Depot, 4647 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Milwaukee IndyFest Returns to The Milwaukee Mile July 11-12
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive