Cudahy's Sheridan Park is 100 years old this year.
In honor of this achievement, and as part of a year-long slate of commemorative activities, the Cudahy Historical Society will host author Laurie Muench Albano at its next General Meeting.
Albano will talk about Sheridan Park throughout the years; interesting photographs and illustrations will be part of her presentation. She is the author of the book, Milwaukee County Parks, published in 2007. Albano is a registered landscape architect and worked for the Milwaukee County Parks since 1984.
This will also be an excellent opportunity to purchase tickets for the raffle sponsored by the Sheridan Park Friends. The grand prize is an all-expense trip for two to New York City this spring.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, January 21 and is free. The location is the historic Cudahy Railroad Depot, 4647 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sheridan Park Beach Clean-up as part of Adopt-a-Beach (TM)
- 10-year Anniversary Celebration Saturday September 27
- I love Yarn Day at the Cudahy Family Library
- Introduction to Tablets & e-Readers: Hands on Experience with Experts from Best Buy
- Student Traffic Safety Update
- Support Group for Divorced and Separated
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- Wixon Names Kay Aaseby Director of Procurement
- South Suburban Mayors' fitness Challenge
- Ss Peter and Paul Celebrates 100th Anniversary