Cudahy's Sheridan Park is 100 years old this year.
In honor of this achievement, and as part of a year-long slate of commemorative activities, the Cudahy Historical Society will host author Laurie Muench Albano at its next General Meeting.
Albano will talk about Sheridan Park throughout the years; interesting photographs and illustrations will be part of her presentation. She is the author of the book, Milwaukee County Parks, published in 2007. Albano is a registered landscape architect and worked for the Milwaukee County Parks since 1984.
This will also be an excellent opportunity to purchase tickets for the raffle sponsored by the Sheridan Park Friends. The grand prize is an all-expense trip for two to New York City this spring.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, January 21 and is free. The location is the historic Cudahy Railroad Depot, 4647 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus
- Racine Starving Artists Outdoor Fair August 2nd
- New Trees, New Tables and Bluegrass
- Band Concert - Cudahy Historical Society
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- U14 Storm Baseball Tryouts for 2016
- Mayor Announces that City of St. Francis Development efforts moving forward
- Increased aircraft activity over Milwaukee this week