Cudahy's Sheridan Park is 100 years old this year.
In honor of this achievement, and as part of a year-long slate of commemorative activities, the Cudahy Historical Society will host author Laurie Muench Albano at its next General Meeting.
Albano will talk about Sheridan Park throughout the years; interesting photographs and illustrations will be part of her presentation. She is the author of the book, Milwaukee County Parks, published in 2007. Albano is a registered landscape architect and worked for the Milwaukee County Parks since 1984.
This will also be an excellent opportunity to purchase tickets for the raffle sponsored by the Sheridan Park Friends. The grand prize is an all-expense trip for two to New York City this spring.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, January 21 and is free. The location is the historic Cudahy Railroad Depot, 4647 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cool Jewelry and Ice Cream Social and Sale
- Restore The Lagoon Festival
- Teen Lock-in
- Fall into Free Fun!
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House Saturday
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform