The Common Council of the City of Cudahy and Office of the Mayor presented honorary Resolutions to Richard J. Payne and Benjamin Pitzo, for their acts of heroism on the morning of Monday December 9, 2013. The resolutions were presented at the beginning of the regular Common Council meeting, held on the 17th of December.
Mr. Pitzo and Mr. Payne noticed a residential fire on the morning of December 9th in the 3600 block of East Ramsey Avenue. Without hesitation, Mr. Pitzo and Mr. Payne entered the back door of the residence where they found a man laying on the floor. This resident was pulled out of the building and taken to a local hospital where he was later treated.
“I truly applaud the efforts of both of these Cudahy residents”, stated Mayor John Hohenfeldt. “As a neighbor, Mr. Pitzo should be commended for his act of heroism and willingness to help a neighbor in distress.” “Mr. Payne, a retired Cudahy Fire Fighter, was driving in the area, saw what was happening, utilized his skills learned as a Fire Fighter and should also be commended for his act of heroism and willingness to help a citizen in distress.” “Had these two gentlemen not been willing to become involved in this situation pulling this man from the building, I believe that the results could have been much worse or even fatal.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Southshore Police Departments Team Up for Traffic Enforcement
- Health Fair Returns to South Milwaukee Market on Thursday, September 10
- Oak Creek Community United Methodist Church 175th Anniversary Carnival
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Thanks Donors with Complimentary Gas Card
- Rise to Your Potential, Soar to New Heights With Ascension Martial Arts
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Wisonsin Panthers Basketball
- Heads Up! Cudahy Kennel Club Dog Class Registration
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- Character Education Recognized in South Milwaukee: South Milwaukee School District Earns State District of Character Award