The Common Council of the City of Cudahy and Office of the Mayor presented honorary Resolutions to Richard J. Payne and Benjamin Pitzo, for their acts of heroism on the morning of Monday December 9, 2013. The resolutions were presented at the beginning of the regular Common Council meeting, held on the 17th of December.
Mr. Pitzo and Mr. Payne noticed a residential fire on the morning of December 9th in the 3600 block of East Ramsey Avenue. Without hesitation, Mr. Pitzo and Mr. Payne entered the back door of the residence where they found a man laying on the floor. This resident was pulled out of the building and taken to a local hospital where he was later treated.
“I truly applaud the efforts of both of these Cudahy residents”, stated Mayor John Hohenfeldt. “As a neighbor, Mr. Pitzo should be commended for his act of heroism and willingness to help a neighbor in distress.” “Mr. Payne, a retired Cudahy Fire Fighter, was driving in the area, saw what was happening, utilized his skills learned as a Fire Fighter and should also be commended for his act of heroism and willingness to help a citizen in distress.” “Had these two gentlemen not been willing to become involved in this situation pulling this man from the building, I believe that the results could have been much worse or even fatal.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Mayor St. Marie-Carls was voted down on her request for the City of St. Francis City Council to take action on tax disparity and Citizens concerns who have received up to 64% increase in their property taxes.
- Packard Plaza in Cudahy sold
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- The Gateway to Milwaukee Has Been Supporting Economic Progress in the Airport Area for Past 10 Years
- Registration is Open for Walk MS: Milwaukee
- CHS Class Ring received 72 years After Graduation!
- "HeART & Sole" Sister's EXPO