2013 Franklin Lioness Craft Fair Set for Oct. 26 at MATC's Oak Creek Campus; Proceeds Benefit MATC Scholarships
The Franklin Lioness Club’s 2013 Autumn Craft Fair will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, at Milwaukee Area Technical College’s Oak Creek Campus, 6665 S. Howell Ave. More than 70 exhibitors will sell wooden and metal crafts, needlework, hand-woven basketry, floral designs, hand-sewn clothing, folk-painted items and much more. A variety of baked goods will be available for purchase as well.
Admission is $1 (free for children under 12). Proceeds support scholarships for MATC associate degree students and others. Free parking will be available. For more information, please call (414) 421-1041.
Wisconsin’s largest technical college and the most diverse two-year institution in the Midwest, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy and has provided innovative education in the region since 1912. Approximately 50,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses and community-based sites or learn online. MATC offers affordable and accessible education and training opportunities that empower and transform lives in the community. The college offers 200 academic programs; nearly 400 transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees; and a Pre-College Education division that assists people to complete high school, prepare for college or enter the workforce. Overwhelmingly, MATC graduates build careers and businesses in southeastern Wisconsin. The college is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission, the national standard for academics and student services.
- Railway Adventure Trip
- Magician Tim Stolba to Perform at Oak Creek Public Library
- Queen of Diamonds Fastpitch Tryouts
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- Illinois-Based Alexander-King Farms Complaints Rack Up from Wisconsin Consumers over Undelivered Meat