2013 Franklin Lioness Craft Fair Set for Oct. 26 at MATC's Oak Creek Campus; Proceeds Benefit MATC Scholarships
The Franklin Lioness Club’s 2013 Autumn Craft Fair will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, at Milwaukee Area Technical College’s Oak Creek Campus, 6665 S. Howell Ave. More than 70 exhibitors will sell wooden and metal crafts, needlework, hand-woven basketry, floral designs, hand-sewn clothing, folk-painted items and much more. A variety of baked goods will be available for purchase as well.
Admission is $1 (free for children under 12). Proceeds support scholarships for MATC associate degree students and others. Free parking will be available. For more information, please call (414) 421-1041.
Wisconsin’s largest technical college and the most diverse two-year institution in the Midwest, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy and has provided innovative education in the region since 1912. Approximately 50,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses and community-based sites or learn online. MATC offers affordable and accessible education and training opportunities that empower and transform lives in the community. The college offers 200 academic programs; nearly 400 transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees; and a Pre-College Education division that assists people to complete high school, prepare for college or enter the workforce. Overwhelmingly, MATC graduates build careers and businesses in southeastern Wisconsin. The college is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission, the national standard for academics and student services.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Divorce Care Support Group to Begin
- Tips To Give Your Dog a Balanced Diet
- Zymbiotics Fine Natrually Fermented Foods now Available at Malicki's Piggly Wiggly on Rawson and at the Outpost Co-op
- 2nd Saturday Wisconsin
- February Cudahy New Business Openings
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Popular Spring Market returns to South Milwaukee High School – March 7th