2013 Franklin Lioness Craft Fair Set for Oct. 26 at MATC's Oak Creek Campus; Proceeds Benefit MATC Scholarships
The Franklin Lioness Club’s 2013 Autumn Craft Fair will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, at Milwaukee Area Technical College’s Oak Creek Campus, 6665 S. Howell Ave. More than 70 exhibitors will sell wooden and metal crafts, needlework, hand-woven basketry, floral designs, hand-sewn clothing, folk-painted items and much more. A variety of baked goods will be available for purchase as well.
Admission is $1 (free for children under 12). Proceeds support scholarships for MATC associate degree students and others. Free parking will be available. For more information, please call (414) 421-1041.
Wisconsin’s largest technical college and the most diverse two-year institution in the Midwest, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy and has provided innovative education in the region since 1912. Approximately 50,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses and community-based sites or learn online. MATC offers affordable and accessible education and training opportunities that empower and transform lives in the community. The college offers 200 academic programs; nearly 400 transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees; and a Pre-College Education division that assists people to complete high school, prepare for college or enter the workforce. Overwhelmingly, MATC graduates build careers and businesses in southeastern Wisconsin. The college is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission, the national standard for academics and student services.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Scholarships for UW-Parkside Nonprofit Leadership Program
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- Cudahy Post Office Will Close July 4TH
- Enjoy Shop St. Francis Week, June 29th to July 5th
- Kirtan at Tippe
- Act, Love, Walk: Prayer Walk to End Human Trafficking