The Knightwind Ensemble, Milwaukee’s premiere wind ensemble, presents their fall concert entitled “Europa”, under the direction of Dr. Erik N. Janners. The featured works in this performance include Smetana Fanfare (Husa), Dunamis (Waignein), Two Symphonic Movements (Nelhybel), Dionysiaques (Schmitt), and the Pines of Rome by Respighi. The ensemble is moving to a three concert season this year, with season tickets now available.
"Europa" will take place at 3:00pm on Sunday, October 27th at South Milwaukee PAC (901 Fifteenth Ave., South Milwaukee). Season or single concert tickets are sold at the South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Box Office, or single tickets may be purchased at the door the day of the concert. All seats are general admission: General Admission/$15 Single concert ticket or $35 Season ticket (3 concerts); Seniors/Student/$12 single concert ticket or $30 Season ticket (3 concerts).
Tickets may be purchased in advance at the South Milwaukee PAC by calling their box office at (414) 766-5049 or order online at http://www.southmilwaukeepac.org/.
The Knightwind Ensemble has been performing for Milwaukee (WI) audiences for over five decades. Beginning in 1956 as a youth activity sponsored by the Milwaukee Elks Lodge No. 46, the group has evolved into Milwaukee's premiere adult wind band. Presenting substantive and challenging programs, the Knightwind Ensemble continually strives to bring high quality concert experiences to its audiences. In 2006, the Ensemble celebrated 50 years as a community organization. It is truly amazing that in the 50 year history, the organization has known only five musical directors in this order: George Zoske, Jim Walker, Wayne Becker, John Steinke, and now Dr. Erik Janners.
Erik Janners, Music Director and Conductor of the Knightwind Ensemble, is internationally recognized as a conductor, scholar and performer. He holds degrees in percussion and conducting from Alma College, the University of Utah, and the University of Alabama. In addition to his duties with Knightwind, Dr. Janners serves as the Director of Music at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, a position he has held since 2007.
More information about the Knightwind Ensemble is available online: www.knightwind.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Mayor St. Marie-Carls was voted down on her request for the City of St. Francis City Council to take action on tax disparity and Citizens concerns who have received up to 64% increase in their property taxes.
- Packard Plaza in Cudahy sold
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- The Gateway to Milwaukee Has Been Supporting Economic Progress in the Airport Area for Past 10 Years
- Registration is Open for Walk MS: Milwaukee
- CHS Class Ring received 72 years After Graduation!
- "HeART & Sole" Sister's EXPO