On the morning of October 9th, I joined a large group of Park View Panthers walking safely to school as a part of a National Effort to Walk Safely to School. Our group which met at Edgerton and Nicholson Avenues was organized by Park View Physical Education Teacher Lynn Littmann. This allowed me to watch some of our finest walk safely to school, enjoy some good conversation, and remind us to each day perform safe walking habits walking to and from school.
Overall more than 110 students met and organized to walk safely to school during this event. Thank you to all of the students, parents, and Parkview Teachers who joined our groups this morning. I encourage all those who walk to school each day to do so safely, and remind drivers to look out at intersections for children crossing on their way to school.
Mayor John Hohenfeldt
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Visit Santa at the Depot this Saturday
- St. Matthew's Lutheran Church to Present Christmas Concert
- December 14th Book Signing for Milwaukee’s Town of Lake
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Drop Your Mail on Sundays
- Christmas Egypyian Cookie Sale
- AWA Star "Baron Von Raschke"
- Community Toy Drive
- Tree Lighting Party @St. Francis Public Library
- Brunch and Photo with Santa