The following information is being made available to residents from the Department of Public Works. This information will also be provided in the upcoming City of Cudahy Fall Newsletter.
Leaf Collection Schedule in the City of Cudahy
· The Department of Public Works will begin fall leaf collection on October 1st.
· There is no set day or schedule and it is done based on crew and equipment availability.
· The City cannot guarantee that your leaves will be picked up weekly. Leaf collection will end on November 22nd or the first measurable snowfall, whichever is first. After that time you will have to bag your leaves in a re-usable container or paper bag and pay for a special pick-up or take it to the City’s Drop-off Site for a fee.
The Department requests that you refrain from piling leaves into piles higher than 1’ above the curb, as the leaf collecting equipment is unable to pick-up large piles. Large piles are also a safety hazard as children like to hide in them.
Please keep leaf piles a minimum of 10’ away from storm drains to prevent the storm sewer from getting clogged.
Do not place woody material such as branches in the leaf pile. The crew will have to go around the pile because the equipment is unable to pick it up.
No containers or bags
Fall Yard Waste Collection – October 28 to November 1
Plant materials and garden waste can be placed in the curb line with your leaves for this week only.
Have your yard waste out by that Monday – there is no set schedule.
Please no bags, boxes or containers.
NO trees, branches, or brush. Piles with branches will be skipped as the material
collected is taken to a facility that can’t process woody material.
Cudahy Drop-Off Center Hrs Change Oct. 1st
FALL HOURS (Effective October 1, 2013 to December 1, 2013)
Tuesday & Thursday -- 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday -- 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sherlock Holmes: The First CSI at the Cudahy Family Library
- Postal Service Packing And Shipping Tips For The Holidays
- Visit Santa at the Depot this Saturday
- St. Matthew's Lutheran Church to Present Christmas Concert
- December 14th Book Signing for Milwaukee’s Town of Lake
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Drop Your Mail on Sundays
- Christmas Egypyian Cookie Sale
- AWA Star "Baron Von Raschke"
- Community Toy Drive