Salvatorians in their second year of formation, the novitiate year, invite neighbors and friends to an ice cream social and brief dramatization of their founder, Fr. Francis Jordan’s life. Please join them on Sunday, September 15 from 4:00-5:00 p.m. at St. Joseph’s Salvatorian Community Formation House on 3221 South Lake Drive in St. Francis.
R.S.V.P. if you can attend so there is plenty of ice cream. That number is 414-744-2402.
Fr. Francis Jordan, founder of the Salvatorian religious order, challenged members 130 years ago to minister “by all ways and means.” Today’s Salvatorians are taking his timeless mission to heart by ministering where people are at… in their neighborhoods.
#JordanAwareness Week (Sept. 7-15) is also designed to enhance visibility of Fr. Jordan toward canonization as a saint. In Catholic tradition, two proven miracles must be linked to someone before they are canonized. So far one miracle is being investigated.
Pope Benedict XVI has officially announced that Fr. Jordan “lived a holy life,” by acknowledging the “herocity of his virtues.” “The more widely Fr. Jordan is known, the more passionately he is honored, the greater chance of his advancing to sainthood,” said Fr. Pekarske, SDS.
Fr. Jordan’s influence, through the Salvatorians, has reached 45 countries and six continents. He compelled Salvatorians to embrace all ways and means to reach young and old and people of every race and culture with God’s message of grace and love.
The Salvatorian Family is a religious community of more than 3,100 priests, brothers, sisters and lay people who serve in parishes, schools, hospitals and in various ministries around the world.
- Author Visit with Elizabeth Kokalis - May 14th
- Gifts for All Women at Worship
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Barrett Lo Visionary Development Announces Valentine Coffee Co. as Newest Tenant at Emerald Row
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- Thank you for a successful Cudahy Arbor Day event in 2016!
- Come to the Cudahy Family Library in May to learn all about the Pabst Family
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness