Salvatorians in their second year of formation, the novitiate year, invite neighbors and friends to an ice cream social and brief dramatization of their founder, Fr. Francis Jordan’s life. Please join them on Sunday, September 15 from 4:00-5:00 p.m. at St. Joseph’s Salvatorian Community Formation House on 3221 South Lake Drive in St. Francis.
R.S.V.P. if you can attend so there is plenty of ice cream. That number is 414-744-2402.
Fr. Francis Jordan, founder of the Salvatorian religious order, challenged members 130 years ago to minister “by all ways and means.” Today’s Salvatorians are taking his timeless mission to heart by ministering where people are at… in their neighborhoods.
#JordanAwareness Week (Sept. 7-15) is also designed to enhance visibility of Fr. Jordan toward canonization as a saint. In Catholic tradition, two proven miracles must be linked to someone before they are canonized. So far one miracle is being investigated.
Pope Benedict XVI has officially announced that Fr. Jordan “lived a holy life,” by acknowledging the “herocity of his virtues.” “The more widely Fr. Jordan is known, the more passionately he is honored, the greater chance of his advancing to sainthood,” said Fr. Pekarske, SDS.
Fr. Jordan’s influence, through the Salvatorians, has reached 45 countries and six continents. He compelled Salvatorians to embrace all ways and means to reach young and old and people of every race and culture with God’s message of grace and love.
The Salvatorian Family is a religious community of more than 3,100 priests, brothers, sisters and lay people who serve in parishes, schools, hospitals and in various ministries around the world.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- Kids Community Clothing Exchange
- Join the Cudahy Cogs Team for UPAF Remembering Carl Koch
- Cudahy Post Office Asks Residents to Help Stamp Out Hunger
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- Two Complimentary Seminars: Facility and Extended Care, Medicare Basics at the Cudahy Family Library
- Taijiquan Exercise Classes at the Cudahy Family Libray
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- Oak Creek Library Baby Story Time
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Marvelous Monarch Butterflies