Salvatorians in their second year of formation, the novitiate year, invite neighbors and friends to an ice cream social and brief dramatization of their founder, Fr. Francis Jordan’s life. Please join them on Sunday, September 15 from 4:00-5:00 p.m. at St. Joseph’s Salvatorian Community Formation House on 3221 South Lake Drive in St. Francis.
R.S.V.P. if you can attend so there is plenty of ice cream. That number is 414-744-2402.
Fr. Francis Jordan, founder of the Salvatorian religious order, challenged members 130 years ago to minister “by all ways and means.” Today’s Salvatorians are taking his timeless mission to heart by ministering where people are at… in their neighborhoods.
#JordanAwareness Week (Sept. 7-15) is also designed to enhance visibility of Fr. Jordan toward canonization as a saint. In Catholic tradition, two proven miracles must be linked to someone before they are canonized. So far one miracle is being investigated.
Pope Benedict XVI has officially announced that Fr. Jordan “lived a holy life,” by acknowledging the “herocity of his virtues.” “The more widely Fr. Jordan is known, the more passionately he is honored, the greater chance of his advancing to sainthood,” said Fr. Pekarske, SDS.
Fr. Jordan’s influence, through the Salvatorians, has reached 45 countries and six continents. He compelled Salvatorians to embrace all ways and means to reach young and old and people of every race and culture with God’s message of grace and love.
The Salvatorian Family is a religious community of more than 3,100 priests, brothers, sisters and lay people who serve in parishes, schools, hospitals and in various ministries around the world.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- Illinois-Based Alexander-King Farms Complaints Rack Up from Wisconsin Consumers over Undelivered Meat
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- Update on former South Shore YMCA facility
- City of Cudahy continued refinancing efforts
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs