The following Economic Development and Business Update was provided to the Common Council at their Tuesday September 3rd meeting.
TO: Honorable Members of the Common Council
From: Mayor John Hohenfeldt
RE: Update to the Common Council on Economic Development efforts.
Honorable members of the Council:
Tonight I would like to provide you with the following Economic Development activities within our city. As you are aware, I have provided you with monthly updates from the Plan Commission meetings as far as items approved by the Commission and that are moving forward.
To date the following projects have occurred with new development and business expansion in the City of Cudahy.
1. Dan Carmody’s Squire Avenue North side project has been approved at the Plan Commission and at the CDA. The CDA approved the offer to purchase and addendum to Purchase at their August 27th meeting. Closing should occur within 30 days. This will allow for land conveyance that will bring this project to a start in 2014.
2. Construction progress continues at CR Industries 5757 S. Pennsylvania Avenue and their 10,800 square foot addition.
3. We continue to monitor for progress of other additional approved projects within our community:
a. The self storage development at 5133 South Pennsylvania Avenue (8 units – 1 retail), Storm water plan reviewed 3 to 4 months ago, to which we have received the following update: They should have the final design work on the metal buildings done this week. We then will be completing our design work in September and submitting to the state. I am still hoping to get it started yet in October or November. I have sewer and water and the storm water system design done and working on bids on that. The site tree clearing was supposed to have been done already but that contractor is behind schedule.
b. Covenant Health Care at 3501 E. Ramsey Avenue (new clinic), storm water plan and State approvals received, internal plan review being conducted (weeks of 8/26 and (9/2), utilities relocation in the works and construction began on August 29th
c. Lippmann Manufacturing 3271 E. Van Norman Avenue (42,400 square foot), an industrial engineer is looking at internal operations of the addition and their entire facility which should be complete in the next 30 to 60 days, then construction documents and permitting which should lead to construction commencing after spring thaw in 2014.
Additionally, the city has been working hard to market our community to new businesses and development.
1. We have met with Cobalt Partners 8 times to facilitate development at Penn and Layton. The developer has represented to the city that they will be coming in October with conceptual site plan for review.
2. We continue to see interest from developers regarding sites in the downtown area, and at Packard and Layton.
3. The city is currently working on a couple of interest parties in the early stages in discussions about the 16 acres and other acreage for development on the former Iceport site.
4. An interested party has reviewed two CDA owned parcels located in the triangle of land by the railroad tracks, Layton Avenue, Sweet Applewood Lane and Barnard Avenues for potential development.
Mayor John Hohenfeldt 08/15/2013
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cudahy 2014 Borrowing Projects Summary Listing
- Milwaukee's My Princess & Me - Mom & Daughter Day
- Dental Associates Teaches Students Dental Health
- Gallery features local photography
- Cudahy Mayor gets... "All Shook Up"
- Mulqueen thanks voters for support!!
- Thank you for your support
- RED OUT Report Fundraising Efforts a Great Sucess
- Hooray!!! Babes Ice Cream is Reopening on 2/28/14
- Lego Club Builds Again