Mayors of Milwaukee, Cudahy, and St. Francis USAT Organization Peak Performance
I was fortunate to participate in the USAT Nationals on Saturday, August 10th. Although triathlon is new in my life, about 6 years, it is a passion and has led me to Nationals in Oregon, Alabama, and Vermont. Additionally, I've been thrilled to be part of Team USA, participating in events in Hamburg, Vancouver, Gold Coast AU, Budapest, and Auckland. With that experience, I wanted to give all of you great kudos for a fabulous race site and race organization.
Milwaukee never was on my list for a must-do destination. Nationals sounded horrid in an industrial city with awful hot and humid weather. Was I wrong! Milwaukee offered us great access to the race site with hotels, great restaurants, impressive historic areas, river walk, beautiful plantings, and obvious civic pride in the waterfront. On our bike preview and then bike ride through the towns of St. Francis and Cudahy, we could experience a true working harbor/port, along with charming neighborhoods.
In all cases, we were impressed with the police work accomplished to make our race safe. Every single street corner in the towns was blocked and remained blocked. I saw no mistakes! We talked with Cudahy policemen posting signs on each and every home affected by the race. That is impressive. And the policemen and women were pleasant, gracious, and accommodating on days that must have been stressful. Kindly pass my comments along.
The volunteers were incredible. There were many of them and all were helpful and supportive. The local population came out to cheer us with great enthusiasm.
Using the waterfront was ideal for the race site layout and was gorgeous besides. On Monday we went to the Art Museum and were very impressed with the collection, amazing architecture, and very unique store!
I've raved about the race (safe water, one loop bike on closed roads, beautiful run) and the location. I'm looking forward to returning next year and will continue (literally) to shock people with my enthusiasm for Milwaukee and the area!
If possible, I'd be happy to have all or part of this letter published to thank the citizens for not only putting up with us, but for supporting us cheerfully.
Susan E. Roberts
Crescent City, CA 95531
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Mayor St. Marie-Carls was voted down on her request for the City of St. Francis City Council to take action on tax disparity and Citizens concerns who have received up to 64% increase in their property taxes.
- Packard Plaza in Cudahy sold
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- The Gateway to Milwaukee Has Been Supporting Economic Progress in the Airport Area for Past 10 Years
- Registration is Open for Walk MS: Milwaukee
- CHS Class Ring received 72 years After Graduation!
- "HeART & Sole" Sister's EXPO