Mayors of Milwaukee, Cudahy, and St. Francis USAT Organization Peak Performance
I was fortunate to participate in the USAT Nationals on Saturday, August 10th. Although triathlon is new in my life, about 6 years, it is a passion and has led me to Nationals in Oregon, Alabama, and Vermont. Additionally, I've been thrilled to be part of Team USA, participating in events in Hamburg, Vancouver, Gold Coast AU, Budapest, and Auckland. With that experience, I wanted to give all of you great kudos for a fabulous race site and race organization.
Milwaukee never was on my list for a must-do destination. Nationals sounded horrid in an industrial city with awful hot and humid weather. Was I wrong! Milwaukee offered us great access to the race site with hotels, great restaurants, impressive historic areas, river walk, beautiful plantings, and obvious civic pride in the waterfront. On our bike preview and then bike ride through the towns of St. Francis and Cudahy, we could experience a true working harbor/port, along with charming neighborhoods.
In all cases, we were impressed with the police work accomplished to make our race safe. Every single street corner in the towns was blocked and remained blocked. I saw no mistakes! We talked with Cudahy policemen posting signs on each and every home affected by the race. That is impressive. And the policemen and women were pleasant, gracious, and accommodating on days that must have been stressful. Kindly pass my comments along.
The volunteers were incredible. There were many of them and all were helpful and supportive. The local population came out to cheer us with great enthusiasm.
Using the waterfront was ideal for the race site layout and was gorgeous besides. On Monday we went to the Art Museum and were very impressed with the collection, amazing architecture, and very unique store!
I've raved about the race (safe water, one loop bike on closed roads, beautiful run) and the location. I'm looking forward to returning next year and will continue (literally) to shock people with my enthusiasm for Milwaukee and the area!
If possible, I'd be happy to have all or part of this letter published to thank the citizens for not only putting up with us, but for supporting us cheerfully.
Susan E. Roberts
Crescent City, CA 95531
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Oak Creek Majors Girls Softball Wins State Title
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- Illinois-Based Alexander-King Farms Complaints Rack Up from Wisconsin Consumers over Undelivered Meat
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- Update on former South Shore YMCA facility
- City of Cudahy continued refinancing efforts
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs