For Immediate Release
RE: RED OUT Results American Heart Association
FROM: South Milwaukee Health & Physical Education Department
DATE: February 13th, 2013
Congratulations to all of you on such a successful RED OUT! Thank you for all of your hard work and support of the American Heart Association.
Money keeps rolling in and at this point we have the totals. South Milwaukee Faculty, Staff, Students and Community Members you are truly outstanding, there are very few communities that extend themselves on a regular basis. We currently have predicted that South Milwaukee is the highest fund raising District in the Metro Milwaukee Area.
Please look forward to our elementary and middle school students participating in Jump Rope for Heart/Hoops for Heart in the future. So the total amount will only go up and contribute to our overall success with your continued support. Every four t-shirt‘s sold saved one life.
$1780 = Middle School
$3366.29 = High School + Event Money with the help of Middle & Elementary Schools
Lunch Period t-shirts and Event t-shirts
Fitness Center Desk t-shirts
Cheerleading team t-shirts
Game Miracle Minute
Game I pad Mini Raffle
$5146.29 = Total
As of February 12, 2013 (Jump Rope for Heart/Hoops for Heart not included in total)
Highlights of the event include:
• Mr. Fix’s Marketing Class orchestrated many of the efforts. Special thanks to Leila Laasiri and Leona Neziri for their tremendous leadership and promotional talents.
• Mr. Hendrickson, Mr. Hojnacki, Mr. Hoff, Mr. Bauhs and the girl’s basketball team for the outstanding Middle School Promotional Assembly on January 26th.
• Principals, Dr. Rugotska and Mr. Termaat earned special consideration for taking pie in the face for the cause.
• Thank you to every Fitness Center Desk worker that helped to promote Healthy Heart Habits and selling our t-shirts and hearts. As the month of February continues so does Healthy Heart Awareness.
• Thank you to Carolyn Stojsavljevic and Robert Swendrowski for their work in selling hearts to the community as they entered the building for individual workouts. This too served as a reminder to our members of the importance to continue Healthy Heart Habits.
• Congratulations to Sandy Galewski for being the winner of the “I pad Mini” donated by Student Senate and Mr. Udovicic. Thank you Mr. Udovicic for your continued support and guidance.
• Thank you to Bunny Scudder (Docent) for the large donation to boost our overall totals.
- Bluegrass Fest Benefit to Pulaski Park-Cudahy
- South Shore Police Departments Partner for Traffic Enforcement
- Pancake Breakfast at the Kelly Center
- The South Shore Farmers Market is open for the season
- Shop St. Francis Week - June 27 to July 4th Offers discounts and offers!
- South Milwaukee Football Annual Golf Outing
- Former Southshore YMCA to become public community recreation center
- Added Yoga Classes at the Cudahy Family Library
- Cudahy Health Department Awarded Grant
- Thank you to generous Cudahy 4th of July sponsors