The South Milwaukee Wrestling team won its first ever Regional team title Last Saturday at Marquette High School. Not only did the team take 1st place, they also qualified all but one wrestler for the individual sectionals Saturady, February 16th at Racine Case.
Taking the crown means the team will wreslte Burlington in the team sectional dual meet for the opportunity to go to the State team tournament.
First place finishers were McCoy Swanson (126), Ben Zbikowski (160) and Brian Chapman (195).
Second place finishers were Tanner Dorangrichia (145),Stuart Swanson (152), Josh Wilkowski (170) and Tom Wawrzyniak (285).
Third place finishers were Shane Paul (113)and Kenny Senner (220). Mitchell Dess (132) placed 4th.
"It was a great day for South Milwaukee wrestling" said head coach Joel Shilling. Coach shilling had high expectations going into the regional tournament and the boys really stepped up and wrestled well.
Bradley Tech finished 2nd and Oak Creek 3rd. Good Luck SM wreslters at the team and individual sectionals.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sheridan Park Beach Clean-up as part of Adopt-a-Beach (TM)
- 10-year Anniversary Celebration Saturday September 27
- I love Yarn Day at the Cudahy Family Library
- Introduction to Tablets & e-Readers: Hands on Experience with Experts from Best Buy
- Student Traffic Safety Update
- Support Group for Divorced and Separated
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- Wixon Names Kay Aaseby Director of Procurement
- South Suburban Mayors' fitness Challenge
- Ss Peter and Paul Celebrates 100th Anniversary