From: South Milwaukee Health & Physical Education Department
RE: American Heart Association “RED OUT” National Event
DATE: 21, January, 2013
South Milwaukee Elementary, Middle & High Schools are partnering with the American Heart Association and hosting their first ever National “RED OUT” all day and into the evening on Friday, February 1st. The “RED OUT” event will be highlighted at the girls’ basketball games as the Rockets host the Falcons from Whitnall. All games are played at the Jerry Sullivan Memorial Gymnasium on the North Campus and the community is encouraged to attend and support our fight against Heart Disease.
Friday, February 1st is the night we Go Red to fight heart disease! Come support your high school basketball teams as they take on Whitnall High School and they slam dunk heart disease. Shirts will be available at the game, along with many other fun Red Out surprises! For every four shirts sold, one life gets saved.
• Bango (Milwaukee Bucks Mascot) and Ronnie Rocket “MEET and GREET”
Come for the game and stay for the lifesaving mission!
You don’t want to miss Bango (Milwaukee Bucks Mascot). He will be at the Junior Varsity Game from 6:15-6:45 PM.
• “Pie a Principal”
Student wearing a “Rock the Beat” t-shirt will be entered into a raffle to have the opportunity to “Pie a Principal”
• Miracle Minute
Bring your extra change to help collect funds to help fight this horrible disease that is the #1 Killer of women age 20 and older. 80% of cardiac deaths are preventable with increased outreach and research.
• Purchase a Shirt to wear Feb. 1st
• Purchase a $1-$3 Heart to display on the walls of the gym
If you would like to purchase you’re “Rock the Beat” t-shirt prior to the event contact Ms. Wack at 414-766-5241 or email email@example.com and arrangements are made to meet you at the Park & Recreation Safety Desk during the school day.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- Click It or Ticket Campaign
- Kids Travel Around the World for Children's Book Week
- A Musical Benefit for Project Concern
- Beware of Memorial Day Scams Aimed at Military Personnel
- STM Student Wins Prestigious Gates Scholarship
- Wisconsin BBB Advises: Beware of Green Dot MoneyPak Scams
- Ted Lang Speed and Agility Camp at Cudahy High School (June 17th-21st)
- Cudahy High School Football to Offer Free Football Camps This Summer
- Cudahy High School Football Golf Outing-August 17th at Grant Park