The staff at Dunham's Sports at Packard Plaza in Cudahy was informed in an unscheduled meeting Monday morning that the store will be closing by the end of the month. Unofficially, the reason given was the store had not been meeting expectations.
Some employees have been with the store since it transitioned from being a JC Penney Outlet store 14 years ago.
Dunham's closing will coincide with another store ceasing operations at the same time. Merchandise Outlet announced it was leaving the Plaza a couple of months ago.
Last fall the Aldi's store closed to consolidate operations with a store in South Milwaukee.
In its 55th year, the moribund shopping center will soon be mostly vacant.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bike Donations Needed
- New South Shore Masters Swimming Program
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Mayor St. Marie-Carls was voted down on her request for the City of St. Francis City Council to take action on tax disparity and Citizens concerns who have received up to 64% increase in their property taxes.
- Packard Plaza in Cudahy sold
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- The Gateway to Milwaukee Has Been Supporting Economic Progress in the Airport Area for Past 10 Years
- Registration is Open for Walk MS: Milwaukee