The staff at Dunham's Sports at Packard Plaza in Cudahy was informed in an unscheduled meeting Monday morning that the store will be closing by the end of the month. Unofficially, the reason given was the store had not been meeting expectations.
Some employees have been with the store since it transitioned from being a JC Penney Outlet store 14 years ago.
Dunham's closing will coincide with another store ceasing operations at the same time. Merchandise Outlet announced it was leaving the Plaza a couple of months ago.
Last fall the Aldi's store closed to consolidate operations with a store in South Milwaukee.
In its 55th year, the moribund shopping center will soon be mostly vacant.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New computer class at the Cudahy Family Library
- Cudahy Post Office Open Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve
- Wixon Names Colin Keating as Food Ingredients Buyer
- Fast Cash For Holidays Could Cost You Later, BBB Advises
- Can you help a Cudahy Family?
- St. Ann Center Celebrates 30 Years
- Winter Storytime Free Fun
- BBB Helps Consumers Get The Most Out Of Their Gift Cards
- Opus Foundation(R) awards more than $200,000 to Milwaukee-area organizations
- Citizens Honored for Heroism