The staff at Dunham's Sports at Packard Plaza in Cudahy was informed in an unscheduled meeting Monday morning that the store will be closing by the end of the month. Unofficially, the reason given was the store had not been meeting expectations.
Some employees have been with the store since it transitioned from being a JC Penney Outlet store 14 years ago.
Dunham's closing will coincide with another store ceasing operations at the same time. Merchandise Outlet announced it was leaving the Plaza a couple of months ago.
Last fall the Aldi's store closed to consolidate operations with a store in South Milwaukee.
In its 55th year, the moribund shopping center will soon be mostly vacant.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Divorce Care Support Group to Begin
- Tips To Give Your Dog a Balanced Diet
- Zymbiotics Fine Natrually Fermented Foods now Available at Malicki's Piggly Wiggly on Rawson and at the Outpost Co-op
- 2nd Saturday Wisconsin
- February Cudahy New Business Openings
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Popular Spring Market returns to South Milwaukee High School – March 7th