My name is Marty Van Hoof and I am running for the 1st District Alderman. I am asking the citizens of Cudahy’s 1st District to vote for me in the Primary on February 19th and in the General Election on April 2nd.
My wife and I purchased a house in Cudahy 7 years ago. We have a son who attends Lincoln Elementary.
I have been volunteering time to the City of Cudahy for many years. It started with being appointed to the Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee in 2007. Then in 2008 I was appointed by then Mayor Ryan McCue to the Community Development Authority (CDA). I continue to volunteer my time on the CDA and currently serve as the Vice-Chairperson. I was also appointed to the Design Review Board (DRB) in 2012 by Mayor Tony Day.
I consider myself a fiscal conservative and a right-leaning moderate. I am pro business and believe in the free market. During my time on the CDA I have seen how hard the City (including the CDA, Economic Development Director, and elected officials) has worked to bring development to the City. It’s not an easy task and it doesn’t happen overnight. Many things have worked out, but unfortunately many others have not. Unfortunately for Cudahy Wal-Mart decided to build in South Milwaukee, but we have to put that behind us and start working to leverage this development within our City. There is great opportunity for development along the southern end of Packard Ave and at the intersection with College Ave.
I see the potential in Cudahy, that’s why my wife and I bought a house here 7 years ago. Cudahy already has so much to offer with its proximity to Lake Michigan, wonderful County Parks, the airport, and downtown Milwaukee. Cudahy also has a first-rate hospital, outstanding schools and great neighborhoods for raising a family. We need to promote these great qualities and show home buyers and businesses the great value that Cudahy has to offer.
Let’s bring the Pride back to Cudahy.
As I believe that communication is key in business and in government, I am looking forward to talking with many of you in the coming weeks.
Feel free to contact me if you want to find out more about me or my ideas for Cudahy.
Martin Van Hoof
3837 E. Allerton Avenue
And I would be honored to receive your vote at the Primary on February 19th and the General Election on April 2nd.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Mayor St. Marie-Carls was voted down on her request for the City of St. Francis City Council to take action on tax disparity and Citizens concerns who have received up to 64% increase in their property taxes.
- Packard Plaza in Cudahy sold
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- The Gateway to Milwaukee Has Been Supporting Economic Progress in the Airport Area for Past 10 Years
- Registration is Open for Walk MS: Milwaukee
- CHS Class Ring received 72 years After Graduation!
- "HeART & Sole" Sister's EXPO